6th Operation Absolute Test of Patience Part 2

Okay now I know it's been a considerable amount of time since part 1, however there is a reason for this. I will explain more in the end note to this chapter where I will have a question for all of you, for now let us see how the training within the War Games Simulation progresses.

Lance stood in front of the Nikkes who all stood at attention, one begrudgingly so. "Now before I split all of you off into pairs to practice, I should give you some basic instructions. The Jump Kits are calibrated to function in response to the triggers I explained earlier. However getting used to the sudden bursts of thrust that will trigger is key, if you are not used to it or ready for it, you will come crashing to the ground." Lance explained as all the Nikkes nodded their heads in understanding. Lance then looked over the seven Nikkes, pairing them all off in his head before speaking. "Anis and Neon, Rapi and Scarlet, Emma and Vesti, those will be the pairs, everyone spread out and find some space to practice. Start with simply jumping upwards." Lance instructed as the Nikkes nodded their heads in understanding before they all separated into their respective groups.

Eunhwa marched up to Lance, an annoyed expression on her face. "I assume that means I will be working with you directly?" Eunhwa asked as she leveled a glare at the Pilot. Lance merely nodded his head as he led Eunhwa over to a nearby shipping crate. "I figured you wouldn't want to waste time fumbling around with one of your teammates. So I opted to have you work directly with me." Lance explained as he stopped and turned to face Eunhwa, who simply shot him a glare, but he could've sworn he saw the corner of her mouth quirk up into the tiniest of smirks. "So what exactly do I do?" Eunhwa said in a very businesslike tone as she awaited instruction from Lance. Lance then jumped directly upwards as his Jump Kit activated, propelling him further up into the air.

           The Jump Kit activated again, propelling higher as he landed on top of the shipping crate. "The Jump Kit recognizes direction, so it will propel you in whatever direction you are currently moving. So for now just jump once and let yourself be propelled, then hopefully land back on the ground on your feet." Lance instructed as he sat down on the shipping crate. Eunhwa narrowed her eyes before she jumped, the Jump Kit activated propelling her further into the air. The Absolute Leader was caught off guard by the sudden propulsion as she fell back towards the ground. Eunhwa shakily landed back on her feet, nearly falling over, but ultimately remaining standing. "Nice work, most first timers don't land on their feet until like ten or fifteen jumps." Lance said as he studied Eunhwa closely.

          "So am I just going to be jumping in place the entire time?" Eunhwa asked in a slightly annoyed tone as the idea of doing that sounded ridiculous. Lance smirked under his helmet as he rested his hands on his knees. "I mean that would be recommended, but if you think you can handle something a little more demanding. Try getting a running start before you jump, considering the Jump Kit is a mobility tool, running will be your natural state when using it." Lance instructed as Eunhwa gave a short nod of her head. The Nikke got into a ready position before she took off in a sprint. Eunhwa leaped into the air as the Jump Kit propelled her forward as she was expecting it. Eunhwa landed on the ground with more confidence, although she put her hands out in front of her to stop herself from crashing into another Shipping Crate.

          "Good work, spacial awareness is important when using the Jump Kit, don't want to go crashing into the side of something. Trust happens way too often in boot camp." Lance said with a small chuckle, remembering how he and his fellow Pilot Candidates crashing into practically everything their first week of Jump Kit training. Eunhwa turned to look back at Lance, she was trying to figure him out, he was a lot more experienced than the other Commanders she's worked with and a lot less arrogant. "Commander! Some help please!" Emma called out to Lance from her and Vesti's spot on the War Games simulation. Lance turned to look back at Eunhwa who looked like she was ready to continue.