sixteen

"Edgar you can't do this to me," Lenore wined as she placed one of the ties that Edgar owned on top of the outfit which she had already picked out for him. "What are you two even going to do? Just sit at your uncomfortable table and talk again. I'm literally dead and even I know that those chairs are the most uncomfortable things to ever exist. Do you remember when you forced me to sit down at them shortly after you moved in to go over house rules with me? That was like the worst moments of my life and I have died before."

"It was necessary," Edgar told her, "I couldn't have a ghost that was haunting my apartment be disturbing my work. Though it has proved that you didn't listen to what I said as you are constantly in my study bothering me while I work."

"Trust me I'm doing you a favour and saving you from dying from your boring thoughts," Lenore promised. "So is that a confirmation that you are going to have another sups boring date?"

"If you must know Annabel is going to bring her laptop and we are going to watch a movie that she enjoys," Edgar stated.

"Do you even have WI-Fi for a laptop to use?" questined Lenore.

"Yes," Edgar responded defensively.

"Why?" Lenore asked with a pause. "You literally don't own a computer, which is why Annabel has to bring hers. You do all your writing with literal ink and quills and send messages through letters. I don't think you even own a phone."

"There's a phone on the kitchen wall," said Edgar. "Okay so maybe I don't have Wi-Fi but the coffee shop does. I think."

"I mean like a real phone that actually works," Lenore explained with a roll of her eyes, "because there is no way that the old phone in the kitchen, which I've never seen you touch, works."

"Of course it works. I just used it that other time when I needed to use a phone."

Lenore gave a small hum as she nodded. "Sounds believable," she said before turning back towards the layout that had been set up on Edgars bed as she worked to make sure that he was dressed well for his third date with Annabel. "If you two are just going to watch a movie then why do you need a tie?" she questioned, "I'm like all for dressing up more than you need to but to just sit on the couch, in the dark, in your gloomy apartment, doesn't really sound like a tie wearing event."

"We are also going to eat," Edgar pointed out.

"At a restaurant," Lenore asked hopefully.

"No of course not," Edgar shook his head. "She is going to bring food again."

"Great well I hate to break it to you but your dining room with a burnt out light bulb and weird stains on the floor does not require a tie," Lenore stated.

"What about a hat?"

Lenore paused as she turned to stare towards her roommate. "Why would you need a hat to stay inside your own apartment and since when do you wear hats?"

"I don't, I just thought that Annabel might like it if I wore a hat," Edgar tried to explain.

"No," Lenore stated with a shake of her head. "How about you go like clean or something, maybe open some curtains so that there can be this thing called light in here and I will continue picking out what you are going to wear without your useless help."

Like before Edgar and Annabels first date, Edgar tried to kick Lenore out of the apartment almost an hour before Annabel was expected to arrive. Lenore immediately refused Edgars attempts, promising him that she would leave when he had his date but also making sure to point out that she did not need to leave an hour early when she had the ability to float through the floor as a quick escape and that she knew he was just trying to get rid of her which she did not appreciate.