chapter two
eyes.

‎‎

𝕮𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐋 wasn't very much happy to hear that a member of theirs had became a target of an immature iniquity.

immediate demerit points were given to the girls, a new set of clothes was given to you. and questions of how you suddenly became at the center of every soccer fangirl's attention.

you knew nothing of that, because you don't remember talking to rin in school. not once, never did. the least you both did was nod at each other's presence.

now you were in the toilet changing into the new set of clothes the president gave as you hear the restroom door open.

"my brother told me what happened and gave me an order to check up on you," a familiar voice said. it was your good friend, ise saki. otherwise well-known as the president of the student council's sister.

"i'm okay," you replied, unlocking the door and stepping out with your newly changed clothes.

saki let out a sigh, knowing you weren't someone so weak to have you check up on. "so? want me to give hell to the girls?"

"nah, they're just a little jealous that's all. jealous of what exactly, i don't know," you fixed your hair in the mirror, the black-haired girl leaning against the wall raised a brow.

"seriously? how childish," she commented, you nodding in agreement. "let's go. i have to give itoshi-san his blazer back," you walked ahead of her after carefully folding rin's blazer.

the female followed after you, catching up with you into the finding rin hunt. she wasn't much to talk as well, just the same as a certain itoshi you know. but the female who was walking beside you had destroyed lives mentally with just words of intimidation.

she was feared automatically, after a public event of traumatising a guy who tried to flirt with her onstage. saki was just so different from her soft brother, who appears appealing to many.

"where will you find itoshi?"

"at the soccer field. he practices everyday until evening," you replied, your legs taking you to your destination. you could hear saki grimace beside you. "okay..."

the walk was silent until the exterior of the school. you were correct, the soccer team was having their after-school practice in the field.

it was easy to spot your target, having seen as the strongest in the entire field with the most monstrous energy in soccer. a slight smile crawled up your cheeks at the sight of him.

"let's wait until they have a break, or not." you suggested, but stopped when rin scored a goal, as he told them to take five.

the moment he saw your eyes on him, he felt himself getting nervous. rin is tired— his breathing with heaviness, but he could feel his heart fastened even more than when he plays soccer.

it beat against his ribcage hardly, the sudden fuzziness taking over his chest. he still pushed it all aside and walk up to you anyways.

"did you changed?" he asked, taking sips out from his bottle as you nodded. rin noticed his blazer that you held tightly around your body, so he assumed that you came here to return it.

"thanks for the cover-up, itoshi-san," you said and returned him his blazer. he took it with a hum and sipped a few more times. "sure. will you stay and watch?"

"can't, i have work to complete. i'll probably come out again later. until then, see ya," you walked away, saki giving rin a glare before following after you.

for some reason, you seemed way too busy to even make a conversation. it was difficult in a way the itoshi couldn't explain and describe. it was like you were more closed off than he is, the more he gets to know you.

still, he hope that you would come back later to watch him play.