chapter ten
support.

‎‎

𝕿𝐄𝐍 𝕯𝐀𝐘𝐒. ten days had passed ever since itoshi rin went to blue lock. in those ten days, you had been attending to meetings with your parents nonstop.

mainly about football and the entire project of blue lock.

you were no more than familiar with the entire idea of the project, having a family that was one of the major investors to the whole thing.

in other words, you've always known rin will be in the project. because you were given a special privilege to find worthy players with terieri anri to partake. when you found one, a golden player, you've locked your eyes on him ever since.

there is no way of lying if somebody asked you do you miss itoshi rin? you do. and you really wanted to talk to him again, to hear his voice in your ears, to feel his warmth, to just be around him and not watch him turn into someone else like he warned you so.

blue lock is crushing the rin you know, yet bringing him what he dreamt of.

you already knew before hand that jinpachi ego would do anything to bore japan an egoistical striker who seeks to be the best in the world. he was just that kind of man you knew ever since the first conference you knew of him.

on the tenth day, you walked through the corridors of the facility, anri guiding you through while explaining what exactly happens inside.

you listened, but the information didn't exactly registered in your mind. all you cared about was a certain black-haired male. your mind was filled with questions about him and his well-being, not having seen him in ten days.

it isn't even that long, really. in fact, it was never that long. it's just that... you felt the same emptiness as you did, before you met him. the feeling wasn't very nice, and you were desperate.

upon reaching the control room where ego was overseeing a 3v3 match, your eyes darted to the screens that were put up everywhere.

"ah, y/n-chan. come in," he turned his seat to face you, a wide smile on his face. "thank you for coming today. i figured you were in your parent's orders to select a player to invest in?"

"yeah," you nonchalantly replied, looking at him before your eyes dart back to the screen. "what's going on now?"

ego chuckled and spun his chair back to the screens, explaining the match rules. the moment you saw rin on the screen, your eyes lit up, although face remained as stoic as they could be.

that was definitely the rin in appearance you knew. but there was something odd about him. he had changed, not the rin you knew.

rin was different, way different. almost like someone you didn't recognise at all. it pains you to think about the possibilities of him forgetting a single thing you both did together.

but that was all blue lock is about. nothing but a prison to train up egoists.

you stood beside anri, and the match continues. during the whole time of watching them dueled against each other, ego explained his ideals.

only this time, you listened to his analysis on all six players.

if your parents gave you a task, you complete it without word. you ought to select the right player for your family to invest in without any failure. and they trusts you to do so.

the battle ended without any problems, except for a great impact on the losing team for isagi and nagi. it was somewhat stressful to watch highschool football players fought against their own ego, feeding the other team with more ego.

by the time it ended, you already made your decision. ego knew, he could sense right away who you target was. so he spun in his chair to face you again, bringing his coffee cup to his lips.

"so... who are you choosing?"

your eyes were deep, drowning into a void of nothingness. lips remained in a straight line before opening to speak the name of the chosen one.

"itoshi rin."