十二

chapter twelve.
love under the moonlight.

‎‎

𝕻𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒 were kept. you took rin out on a date where the both of you would enjoy the night away while it is still young.

the both of you ate dinner at some rundown restaurant, played games at the arcade, and drove around the city of tokyo while blasting music that you both loved.

it was a night neither the itoshi or you could ever forget. so much fun and memories were created between the two of you. neither wanted it to end, but it eventually will.

finally, you told your driver to drop you two off near a cliff where the view of the entire city could be seen.

it was way past midnight and you didn't even realised you had been spending the entire night with rin. it was a timeless moment, having to be lost in each other's presence.

rin sat down after you did, both your gazes on the night sky just stargazing with so much comfort. you remembered the times where you would watch the stars with rin and just talk about random things.

he already knew that you chose to invest in him for the blue lock project, and you were one of the mikage corporation's alliances.

its just that you were left to choose your own path and you chose to follow your parents after rin left for blue lock, thus explaining why you lived alone but managed to get through bills and expenses mysteriously.

still, the itoshi wasn't too keen on the idea of being bet in the football world by a mere highschool student. he simply told you to invest in someone else worthy such as bachira or isagi.

but you were dead set on investing in him even if he loses. that was how much you wanted him to achieve all his dreams and his upcoming ones.

"so the feeling is mutual?" rin spoke first, his eyes glanced at you who felt yourself curved a smile. "you could say so."

he raised a brow. "is that a yes or no?"

"can you guess?"

"i'll take it as a yes," he answered, teal eyes never leaving yours who gazed above the black heavens. rin then smiled, seeing a blush appeared on your cheeks. "you're actually cute when you smile."

you pursed your lips, trying to keep your blush. but it failed horribly, as you cheekily smiled with a heavily tinted blush. rin had used your word. "rin.."

the said male hummed in reply, awaiting for your next words.

instead, you shifted your position and leaned close to him. rin felt his heart thumped against his chest when your face was close to his. just a little more . . . and he would feel his lips against yours.

he wasted no more time than to close the gap, his lips kissing your lips.

gently, rin filled the empty spaces of the kiss. he made a bold move by moving his lips against yours to suck your lip, his fingers moving behind your nape to pull your closer to him.

the kiss was romantic, a feeling that was shared between you and rin. nothing felt like it mattered to the both of you now that you both shared a kiss.

you were lost in the kiss, a tear slowly sliding down your cheeks at the moment.

rin pulled away and rested his forehead against yours, staring into your eyes with so much love that you didn't much believed rin could give anyone the look of love at all.

but here you were, seeing the happiest of rin that no one else has ever seen before. he has his lips curved into such a soft and wide smile that it made the thousands of butterflies in your stomach flutter like crazy.

this was such a magical moment.

"y/n, i love you, you have always been my dream. i spend every night thinking about you and i fell in love with every part of you. it wouldn't be so lukewarm if you be mine, would it?" rin said with the most gentle voice you've ever heard.

his words sent your heart beating against your ribcage hardly, ultimate happiness filling and dominating all your other known emotions.

"it wouldn't," you wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him into a quick, chaste kiss. "i love you too, rin. i love you lots," you squeezed him into a hug, him returning it.

itoshi rin had helped you find your true self, and you had helped him find true happiness with a dream.

under the moonlight, new stories were born from the dark. and you and rin's story was definitely a serene one.

──────────────────

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃.