chapter seven
protection.

‎‎

𝕽𝐈𝐍 didn't see her the whole day at school. truth to be told, it was boring for the said male, not having someone he was so used to everyday around him.

he walked to classes alone, ate lunch alone and studied alone. he was planning to walk home alone after practice, not knowing where you are.

where could you be?

there wasn't anything on your schedule. if you did have anything on it, you would've at least told rin a few things on your agenda. but you never did for this day.

he let out a sigh, heading out of the school to eat his lunch before football practice. you didn't came to school, and that was all there is to it.

as rin walked down the streets to find a food, he received a call. it was your name, so he picked it up instantly.

"hello? itoshi? this is ise calling on y/n's phone. i got myself into trouble and y/n tried to make peace for me. uhm, it's not looking good. come to the highschool down a few lanes to ours."

saki hung up the phone, leaving rin to stare down the street before he started sprinting towards the nearest highschool. whatever your friend meant by not looking good, it doesn't sound fine.

he came in sight with the school and practically dashed inside, looking around for any sights of you or your friend.

seeing nothing and basically barging into an unknown place, students gave him odd looks. he couldn't care less, he ran around, searching for the both of you before spotting  your black-haired friend on the ground.

he ran towards saki, stopping in his tracks when he spotted a sight so unbelievable it made him freeze.

there you were, right hand tightly grabbing the head of a male student and your left leg pressing against the face of another male student.

everyone around you and saki was knocked unconscious.

there was only one victor, and the victor is you. you who stood up with everything of yours untouched, your black uniform slightly stained with the blood of the victims.

it was then you threw the male you held on the ground with so much force it was inhuman.

rin couldn't see what face you were making, your face wasn't in his view, for your hair fell all over your face.

but he could see a visible smile, the smile he didn't once dream of protecting. this smile you had on felt dangerous. it gave off the vibes of a violent person.

violence was never your kind of thing. so everything doesn't make sense at all. he was looking at a y/n he didn't know, despite the knowledge of you having unknown personalities.

your fingers moved to brush your hair backwards, a few strands falling forward again. you glanced sideways, your smile dying down into a stoic face he could recognise anywhere.

it reminded him of the first time he met his brother in a few years of being in spain. the stoicism you depicted was unreadable, yet so confusing.

you lifted your legs from the face of the male, gently placing it on the ground while your gaze was still locked on rin.

he was frozen, he didn't know what to do in this moment. rin was getting déjà vu of whatever was happening, and it was ruining his mood rapidly.

your stoicism broke when saki turned you around and slapped both sides of your face, a sudden sting rising with the redness of the slap.

eyes slowly widening at the impact, you stared at saki's concerned face. "wake up, y/n. you said you'd never resort to violence again."

beside the two of you came rin who held a look of worry in his face, yet he still managed to stay calm and aloof. "are you alright?" he looked at your face where a bruise painted a partial of your face, other than the slaps saki gave.

"you're not. why did you slapped her?" he looked at saki who wearily looked around, letting go of your shoulders. "to make her snap out of it."

your fingers moved to gently touch your cheeks where a guy had punched your face. luckily, saki didn't slapped that part as hard as she did with your other cheek. it was a soft slap on the bruised side.

"what happened?" rin asked and inspected your cheek, gently running his fingers in the bruise that made you flinched in pain.

"one of the guy's girlfriend was being a bitch to me. be a bitch to her and she called the entire army. i told y/n and she came here to make peace but they ended up using force, and so did she," saki explained, her brown eyes looked around the men that laid still.

the whole time there, you were silent, unknown to your self. whatever was happening, you failed to make peace with words.

worst, if saki hadn't slapped you, you would have done even more serious measurements.

you simply didn't like when the group of males insulted saki, dragging rin and his vulnerability to his brother's name into it.

something had to be done to make them swallow their words back up. and now you think you've done the worst thing possible, it could ruin your life.

yet rin and saki was giving you words of kindness that you've never heard of. how it simply went past your ears, as you looked at saki, then rin, in nothing but emptiness.

at least you protected their name from any dirt in the future and put the group in their place.