chapter three
voice.

‎‎

𝖄𝐎𝐔 never showed up.

and the black-haired male never had time to check if you showed up or not. he was too focused on being the best, occasionally scolding his own teammates for not following his speed, timing and flow all together.

anger raged in within itoshi rin, so much that he decided to perfect his own strikes after dismissing the team.

it was evening, and he decided to walk home again. walking home was like therapy to the male who stresses over his own ability, and he hadn't done so in a long time.

the sunset illuminated it's golden hues onto his moonlight skin, giving it a glowing aftereffect.

rin reminisce the moments he had with his brother under the sunset.

the same old brother who used to eat ice cream with him after soccer practices, he who takes little rin on walks around town, along with watching the sunset together.

how he wished his brother never went to spain and changed into someone else he didn't know of. how he wished he could still play soccer with his brother, and how much rin just wanted to watch the sunset with his brother again.

but none of that matters now.

he swore to defeat his brother in every way possible, seeing how sae betrayed his dreams. it was naïve of rin, really. he couldn't see what sae was trying to do, what he was trying to teach rin.

blood had boiled under his skin, painting his emotions with anger not even the sun could argue with.

that was how much he despised and resented his own brother.

rin couldn't feel at ease at all. that is, not until he heard footsteps running towards him. a hand reached out to his back and just barely, fingers slightly slid down his back.

he turned around, seeing you panting heavily from the run you tried catching up on rin. he grimaced at you, deciding you were the least he wanted to see after his practice when you never showed up.

why was he even angry about it? everyone eventually leaves anyways. a mere girl is nothing.

before rin could say anything, you stood up straight, bowing properly. "sorry i couldn't come to watch you. i had to debate for the student council."

it grew silent, a thick pause from the both of you. the silence was uncomfortable, one person emitting brother rage and another emitted piled up stress.

"it's fine," the itoshi broke the silence and continued walking.

you looked up and catch up to him, calming yourself down.

it was past six, the sunset was growing darker as minutes passed by and legs carrying the walkway to home.

you found it comforting to walk with someone again, having to do this every day after school. it was a feeling to treasure at all times, even if it meant the other person is going to leave you soon.

"you're portraying an angry person's face," you said, tilting your head slightly to look at the tall male's face.

a slight smile surfaced when rin glanced down you. "i am, and it's none of your business why."

you nodded at his response, closing your eyes softly to breathe in the evening air. evening airs were to die for, how it always smelled and feels so different from morning and night airs.

"calm down, itoshi-san. being angry isn't a nice thing. i don't know what you're angry about, but it will be alright. it will be fine."

oddly enough, it worked. your voice worked. your words work. the comfort worked. your effort in running just to walk beside him work. your presence and everything else worked.

rin stopped feeling his burning wrath for the older itoshi.

you only kept going on, eating away more of his negative emotions towards others. it was hypnotizing. how you managed to sooth and calm him down without even doing any therapy but just with giving him advices, he managed to feel calm again.

rin wanted to listen to you talk all day and night.