Chapter 15~ The Fireworks and The Sickness

I pulled myself in and stood horizontally on the stone wall. The moon was at its peak in the sky by now.

"Midnight." I said to myself.

I started to climb the wall as fast as I could. Three Dimensional Maneuver Gear had only as much gas. It could survive me thirteen days outside of the walls. If I used the fuel wisely, might even survive for twenty. I turned my head back and saw the house I used to live in, covered in a cloak of darkness.

"Fourteen days. That's all I need." I said, while running to the edge of the wall.

I leaped off and felt the cold air hit my face. The rods shot into a forest of tall trees and my body jerked forward. I looked around as I slowly glided to the tree. My eyes focused on a branch that looked as if it would hold me up. I retracted the rods and landed on the tree branch with a minor injury of a cut on my hand from the steel of the rod. I heard a firework go off inside the city. The same fireworks that went off the day I went missing. Red sparks flew everywhere. Another went off, then another. Red, blue, and yellow. All flashing sparks. They needed me but I didn't want to go back...

"I'll...just check." I said once again, to myself as I launched the two rods into the wall.

I boosted myself to the top and saw the lights were on in the house. I knew four stations the fireworks would go off at. The park, the wall, the house, and the other side of the wall. All four went off. Blue, red, yellow and white. One of the sparks flew too close to me. I had to make them stop. I jumped to the bottom of the wall and tumbled. I saw Sky ready for the next one.

"Sky wait!" I shouted.

He looked at me confused.

"...I'll stay. Just stop the fireworks. They're embarrassing." I said looking down.

Sky pulled up a walkie talkie.

"Stop them." He said with a smile and hugged me.

We both walked to the house except I was more slowly. I fell from a fucking whatever the fuck I said earlier foot tall. I had twisted my ankle and had to limp on Sky.

"Sorry..Ty told us to.." Sky said looking at me.

I just nodded and leaned against a wall. My head felt sick and the world kept spinning. I fell down on my knees and threw up a little. After doing so, I fell on the ground next to the puddle of vomit. I shook violently and closed my eyes. That was the last thing I remember...