Ending

Thank you everyone for being here. It's been a hell of a ride. I've been to hell and back trying to figure out where this story was going. I hope you've enjoyed so far. Writing this is incredibly bittersweet. For one I finally finished something! But also... It's over. I hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing this.
_____________________________________________

"Kai...?" Cole said weakly.

"Hi..." Kai responded just as weak.

"It's really you!" Nya shouted out as she ran to give Kai a hug.

Amelia and Jasmine stood in shock as it was revealed that the friend they had known for years was actually an elemental master.

"Kai?" Amelia asked, voices practically drenched in shock.

"Hey, Amelia..."

"You- you were a ninja this whole time?" Amelia asked in disbelief.

Kai nodded.

"I'm really sorry Amelia. But you have to understand! I didn't anyone to know my identity. That's why I hid it from you that's why I lied. I'm really sorry. Can you ever forgive me?"

"Oh, Kai..." Amelia trailed off. "Don't apologize. It's not your fault. I understand. You didn't want people to know you were a ninja and you were scared I might tell. I can't forgive you if you have nothing to be sorry for." Amelia said with a chuckle.

"Thank you."

He then turned back to look at the ninja. Nya had moved back to stand with them after the hug.

His face was covered with guilt.

"I'm sorry..." He started. "I'm sorry for lying to you. I'm sorry for running away. I'm sorry for the burns I gave you. I know you might hate me after all I did and if you don't want me to come back that's fine I totally understan-"

"Kai!" The ninja interrupted.

Kai stopped.

"What made you think we don't want you back?" Zane asked, sounding genuinely curious.

"I just thought..." Kai trailed off.

Nya walked over and cupped Kai face. "Kai. Of course we want you back. I've regretted yelling at you the day you left every day. We've missed so much the last three years. We searched for two months looking for you! There is nothing we want more than for you to come back."

"Ar- are you sure?" Kai asked. Still not quite believing them.

"Of course we're sure." Lloyd reassured.

"When you get out of the hospital, we'll be waiting with open arms for you to come back. Until then. You should rest." Zane concluded.

The other ninja nodded.

"We should be going now. I have a feeling Amelia would like to talk to you." Cole said leading the other ninja out.

They called their goodbyes and left, leaving Kai, Amelia and Jasmine alone.

"I think I'll be going. I feel you two should be able to talk privately." Jasmine said as she walked out the door with a goodbye.

Now it was just Kai and Amelia.

They sat in silence for a few minutes before Amelia broke the silence.

"Sooo... I know I already said I understand, but why didn't you tell me you were a ninja? I'm really not mad, I just need to know."

Kai sighed. "Well... You already kinda got it right. I was scared you would tell. But I was also scared you wouldn't want to be friends anymore. I was scared you would hate me. I was scared you would be... Scared, of me. And I know now that you aren't like that. But... I just... Could never bring myself to tell you. You're a good friend, Amelia. Really. You are. I just had problems I couldn't get past."