𝐎𝐍𝐄.

"Y/n! Pass it!" Brooklyn shouts raising her arm up to catch the girl's attention. Y/n looks up, analyzing the stadium while running towards the goal. When she catches glimpse of Brooklyn, she looks back down before doing as told.

Brooklyn proceeds to receive it perfectly and without wasting time she kicks it. The defenders try to intercept it, but it passes through them and scores, since the goalkeeper misses it.

They had to practice till late for the upcoming football matches, so they had to train hard.

"Good job," Y/n compliments, while giving her a high five.

"You too," Brooklyn smiles at her as they slightly pant from the sprinting as the coach claps his hands drawing the team's attention to him.

They approach him, "Okay, it's already past 10p.m., so that's enough for today, you all did great. You can do some stretching and you're free to go. Have a good night." he says, earning some 'goodnight'.

They splits apart, doing some stretching exercises silently, as their fatigue took over.

After having a shower and changing in new clothes she gathers all her things in her gym bag. Y/n carries it on her shoulder before walking to the changing room's door.

"See you tomorrow at school," she says to her teammates as they answer her.

"See you,"

"Bye,"

"Goodnight"

She walks out and closes the door behind her. She starts heading to her car before her phone starts ringing, breaking the silence in the dark night.

She pulls the phone out from her pocket and notices an unusual number calling her. She answers it and brings it to her ear.

"Hello?" she says confusedly, as the number was unknown and she couldn't really think of anyone calling her that late.

"Good evening, is this Y/n Kincaid?" a feminine voice asks.

"Yeah, it's me. Who is this?" she asks while standing still as her thoughts rush in her mind.

"This is the hospital. We found your contact on Tara Carpenter's emergency contact list. We are calling to notify you that she was brought here this evening after an attack." the operator says making Y/n's heart drop.

"What? What happened? Is she alright?" Y/n raises her voice as her heartbeat quickens.

"She's in a stable condition now. We'd prefer discussing the situation at the hospital if that's possible." the woman answers calmly as Y/n speed walks to the car.

"Okay, thank you. Have a good evening."

"Thank you, you too." the voice answers through the phone before hanging up.

"Fuck," Y/n mumbles while running and unlocking the car. She quickly gets in and throws her bag in the back seats.

She turns the car on and leaves the parking, speeding toward the hospital.

After almost causing an accident, because of her going above the speed limit she finally arrives to her destination.

With her heart beating in her ears she runs in the hospital and stops at the reception.

"Hey, can I know what room is Tara Carpenter in, please? It's urgent." Y/n asks in a hurry as the reception nods while checking in the computer.

"Of course. Are you part of her family?" she asks glancing up at the girl before typing in the keyboard.

"Uhh, yes. You could say that." Y/n answers as she anxiously fidgets with her fingers.

"She's in room 250. Second floor." she answers.

"Thank you," Y/n says before walking away. She runs up the stairs and follows the numbers on the doors.

When she finally finds it she slowly takes hold of the knob and opens the door. She quietly closes it before looking around the room and catching sight of Tara on the bed sleeping.

She slowly approaches her, noticing she had a broken leg and a patched hand. She also had a nasal cannula to deliver oxygen.

She carefully pulls a chair closer to the bed, as she sits there looking at Tara in silence, with only the heart rate monitor beeping in the background.

Seconds later the door is opened by a doctor, as Y/n stands up.
"I assume you're Kincaid, right?" he says making Y/n nod.

"That's me, you can call me Y/n," she answers, extending her arm forward sending a light smile to him.

"Doctor Jackson, nice to meet you." he shakes her hand with a smile before moving his sight to Tara. Y/n looks back too as the doctor starts talking.

"She was attacked at her house, we could identify 7 knife stabs. She went through surgery and she's thankfully fine now." he explains making Y/n furrow her eyebrows.

"Did they arrest the person who did this?" Y/n asks, as the doctor shakes his head.

"When the police got there the attacker left, she told them it was someone in a ghostface mask. That's all I know."

"Oh," Y/n mumbles before he speaks up again.

"She should be awake soon, either tomorrow or Saturday. It will take a while for her to recover though."

"Okay, thank you for telling me."

"Of course, have a good night." he says before leaving the room, as silence takes over the place once again.

Y/n sits back down before slowly taking hold of Tara's soft hand as she caresses it with her thumb.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here. I'm so sorry, Tara. I hope you'll forgive me for not being present when you needed me." Y/n mumbles softly before clenching her jaw. She looks down as guilt takes over her.

The day after

"Chemistry was so boring, and I don't understand a single thing." Y/n walks in the crowdy hallways with Amber next to her.

"Well, maybe it's because you don't pay attention and all you do there is sleep?" Amber looks up at her with a slight smirk.

"That is incorrect. I'm not the problem, the subject is." Y/n defends herself sarcastically as Amber chuckles.

"Mhmm, it's never your fault. Anyways, you have English now, right?" Amber asks with the noise of people laughing and chatting in the background.

"That's right, Ms. Freeman. And what about you?" Y/n asks while looking up, trying to remember.

"When you'll remember my schedule I'll throw a party." Amber makes fun of her as Y/n chuckles before something catches her attention.

"And they said she was stabbed 7 times, how couldn't that bitch die?" she turns around and spots who is talking.

Jaden, the popular dickhead that no one can stand. He likes to bully weak people.

"Come on, Y/n," Amber tries to pull her away after hearing what the guy said. Y/n stands still, glaring at him, having an internal fight, deciding on whenever she should ignore what he's saying or not.

"Well, look who's alive, unlike some else," he laughs at his own joke as his friends do the same as he pushes Y/n's shoulder.

"You weren't laughing like this when she rejected you, though." Y/n spats back making some kids snort. His smile immediately drops.

Btw with football I mean "soccer" not the american football :)