21. RESIGNATION

Charlie's POV

I am up early in the morning. Actually, I am not early morning person but I just can't get over last night scenes yet. Why it is so much complicated to just tell the truth. But maybe that is why you should not lie Charlie. Uhh!! Why are things always complicated in my life. But I am going to end this misery today. When I woke up early in the morning, I made resignation letter. I wore formal blue shirt tucked in grey trousers. I look myself in the mirror. I am look okay. Charlie, you can do it today.

"OHH someone is looking formal sexy today." Hope come from behind looking at me.

"Hope why are you not ready yet?"

"Charlie. Are you okay. This is exactly opposite which happened every morning in our apartment. What is new today?"

"Hope I have decided something." I just know that she is going to freak out when I will say this but I have to say it.

"What?" she asks me by sitting upright on couch. By my look only she must have understood it because her facial expressions start to change with every passing seconds.

I sit beside her and take her hand in mine. "Look Hope I am going to resign today. And wait listen everything first. Look you know me so well. Actually, maybe you are the only person on my life who knows me very well. And  I just can't live my life like this okay."

"I know Charlie. And I support you in this but you are giving resignation that means I am not going to see you in there. You know you are my survival kit there. Whenever I get angry on that Ryan, I just come to see you because you are the only person in there with whom I can talk anything about my boss." She is literally crying now.

"I Know I know girl. But you can still do bitching about him whenever you want to. I will be just a call away. But I am going to resign and that too through Ms. Jane. That is way I don't have to face him at all.'

"okay that is good. Yes, you can do it. Just give me 10 minutes and I will be ready." I smile at her. I know that she is not at all happy with my decision but she is just trying to be supportive in this.

When I lost my previous job, she was so happy. I even had arguments with her because she was dancing at my job dismissal. But she was just happy because she already sent me resume in her company. After week letter I got my confirmation and instead of me she gave me treat. In these two years she comes to meet every day in the office. I have sudden realization that this is going to be hard for her also.

As she said she comes within 10 minutes and we left apartment. I am quite the full ride. If I said truly, I am also sad with current arrangements. Ryan enterprises have given me many valuable people in my life that I will never goanna forget.

As soon as we reach Hope left in hurry saying she has some important meeting with members. But I know that she is just avoiding that today is going to be my last day here. I enter building and look for my boss. Mr. Ryan. Today is the last day when I have to sneak behind him. I go towards the employees lift enter the button. As soon as lift arrives, I enter with quite hesitation. I don't know why I am feeling this much heavy. I know that I am going to miss this place so much but my heart is feeling different kind of heaviness that I can't even describe. I also need to meet Josh. Maybe I will call him when I will arrange everything. Because if he knows about it sooner then he will try to give many reasons to stay and I don't think I want that now.

I reach my floor. The lift dings and door open. I step outside and read the board. HR DEPARTMENT. Department Head MS. Jane. There is slight note under it. 'IF she is in bad mood go and meet Ms. Charlotte at her desk." I smile at that. I wrote that. One day Ms. Jane's temper was on some high level and she scolds everyone who came for anything. So, I joked about it and written that thing. After her mood came down to normal, I went to remove it but she just liked it and told me to keep it like that. So that is way she will have some me time in her life. Ahh! I am going to miss Ms. Jane.

I enter the department but just to get lifetime shock as I step back in hurry. Mr. Ryan is here!!!! What the heck is he even doing here? Never means never he is in our department. I hide behind the wall and try to peek again inside. He is talking with everyone as everyone is standing in front of him with Ms. Jane is in center. Her specs are in her hand. Josh is behind him and he is looking everywhere. Maybe he is trying to find me. Suddenly he looks behind and I waved my hand at him.

He is literally shock to see me here. But I am more shock. I ask him that what they are doing here but he just shrugged as he also don't know why they are here. He just asks me to run by waving his hands but maybe Mr. Ryan notice that and turn to look back but thanks to God I manage to hide again. What the hell is happening. He is never here then why they are here today. I heard footsteps approaching towards the door and I look surround. I run towards lady's bathroom and decides to stay there. Why is here??

I call Hope. She is the only option I have now.

"Hello Charlie. You done with resignation. Like within 5 minutes?" obviously Hope. How much clever you are!

"No. Hope. I did not even enter my department." I again look at the bathroom door. I don't know why I am looking there because obviously he will not enter into lady's bathroom.

"Then what happened?"
"Hope. MR. Ryan is here."