Chapter 118

SOME DAYS LATER

KATHERINE

Katherine sat still, staring blankly ahead as she waited for the visitors to come in.

Ever since her say her had told her of Damien's recovery, and the fact that he wanted to see her, she'd been quite shocked, and a bit uneasy, but her emotions had gone uphill just last night when she'd been informed that Madison, was also coming to see her too.

She'd screamed, her hands tugging at her prison cloth and dirty hair, as she cursed and warned her father not to let that lady come see her in this state, but he'd only looked at her remorsefully.

He claimed he had no say in who came to visit her, and worse still, the investigative authorities in charge of her case had approved of the visit, so there was literally nothing they could do about it.

As he left her cell, bading her goodbye and begging her with tears in his eyes to take her drugs before sleeping, Katherine had immediately plunged into a mental decline.

Her eyes turned red as memory after memory plagued her, and the stark realization that Madison was the main reason why she was here in the first place tugged within her badly.

She would have been with Damien... They would have been married, happily and even with kids, had the woman not appeared in his life.

Katherine knew she'd not have gone through the lengths she went to... overdosing on medications and taking hard drugs if Madison had never appeared.

Madison was the beginning of her downfall, the cause of everything, and the reason why she'd had jealousy brewing in her heart.

But at the same time, a part of her sorely reminded herself that she'd also done more harm than good, not just to herself, but to the bitch too.

With the help of her boys, who were in prison now, she'd stalked and sent harmful threatening letters to the young woman.

Katherine admired Madison's resilience and bravery, and for a while, she contemplated apologizing.

It was over for her, and now she was meeting her nemesis and the results of everything she'd done.

Now, as the depths of her eyes suddenly began to water, Katherine didn't know what to feel when it came to that lady.

Should she feel angry, jealous, furious or whatnot... She just didn't know, and the added knowledge that the woman would be here anytime soon made Katherine feel worse.

How would she face someone she'd almost killed? Not just someone, but how would she face two people she'd almost killed?

Her eyes blinked for the first time since she sat in the white-colored room, and Katherine stared at her fingers as she began to think.

She'd cried last night when her father left, but now that she thought about it, she'd been living her life blank these days.

With the constant reminder that she was cancerous and death was knocking around anytime soon, her attitude towards life was no longer cold, uncaring and ruthless.

Instead, she spent her days in her prison bed, thinking and thinking.

The effects of her sickness were starting to show on her body too, and she looked like an unhealthy skeleton; bones protruded from her skin, muscles and tendons were thinning out, and her full hair was falling off day by day.

She felt so sick and weak all the time, but she kept on trying to pull off a brave look even though it waned off with time.

The only thing that kept her going these days in the cell was the thought of Damien and how much she had loved him.