Chapter 14: The Forced Alliance P2

"Tell him what you told me!" Neteyam angrily growled as he shoved Aunnong im towards his standing father. I followed closely behind to make sure Neteyam didn't inadvertently drown him on the way over.

"What's going on?" Kiri asked, sitting on the plank leading to small lagoon full of glowing fish. Her eyes were watery and swollen from crying.

Aunnong hesitated but with one glance of Neteyam's scowling face, he spilled.
✷                                                   ·                                                                                                                                                ˚ * .      *                                * ⋆   . ·                                                      ⋆                                                ˚ ˚    ✦   ⋆ ·   *      ⋆ ✧    ·                                ✧ ✵     ✷        ·       *                                          *                                                                *

*                                            *                                                                         *
"Ney'tiri!" Toruk Maktou called out.

Upon hearing this Ney'tiri and Tuk poked their heads out of the open mauri window.

"Ma Jake?" Ney'tiri responded, instantly hearing the worried tone in her husbands voice, and rushing out of the mauri towards the lagoon. Tuk was rushing behind her.

"Ma Jake what's wrong?" Ney'tiri questioned as she arrived into Toruk Maktou's arms.

"It's Lo'ak." Toruk Maktou's voice croaked "The other boys took him out for hunting and he's still there. He's been gone for hours."

Ney'tiri's eyes grew wide, her marigold orbs flaring in rage. He slowly turned to face a shaking Aunnong.

"Who did this?" Ney'tiri menacingly enunciated.

"I...." Aunnong shivered "It was..."

Ney'tiri stepped closer, fangs peeking out from her mouth.

I could see where Neteyam got his heart-stopping livid stare from.

But now wasn't the time to slice Aunnong open.

"Ms. Sully" I stepped in "We need to alert the village and send out search parties all over the perimeter."

Ney'tiri, without breaking her strong gaze on Aunnong, stepped backwards and made a loud ululating sound.

The sound was a call. With that, the winged beats from before came into view overhead and balanced itself on the platform until Ney'tiri mounted it.

"Where did you guys go to hunt?" Toruk Maktou asked before making a similar call for his winged beast.

Aunnong's face then resembled Rotxo's from earlier. Guilty and too embarrassed for anything but silence.

"They went to three brother's rock." I informed "However, it might be stormy this time of night, you won't be able to see anything. I recommend you search the midway lagoon."

Ney'tiri nodded. Her beast swiftly headed her command and flapped its wings away.

"I'll check the eastern sea bed." Toruk Maktou affirmed, as he slipped his feet into the saddle of his beast "You kids stay here and alert the village." He enunciated.

Kiri swiftly nodded as Tuk clung to her hand, her eyes wobbling.

Before flying away, Toruk Maktou gave a Aunnong a quick but effectively angry and sharp stare to which Aunnong gritted his teeth and looked away.