You Have Such Dazzling Eyes, Darling

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
__________________________________
Your POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Your POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

With a soft groan, I huddle closer to the source of cold beside me to escape the overbearing heat of the blankets over my body and awaken more to the feeling of something sliding around my waist and squeezing. As I opened my eyes, I could only see the chest I was pressed up against, and nearly, I had made the mistake of looking up at the face of my pillow. Thankfully, I was able to catch myself before I did. It felt unreal being back in this room with him, like this was a dream, and as my mind grew more aware, it remembered the words I had said yesterday.

My heart fluttered as I reached out and clutched the fabric of the black tank-top he wore, closing my eyes and breathing a shaky sigh as they teared up. This is real. I actually found the strength to stay with him. I just hope I can keep it up. I fear that I might never actually be able to look him in the face again, and that hurt. I'm scared that if I do that, I might take back all those things I said out of delirium. The sight of him crying yesterday broke me, and I don't want to hurt him any more that I already have. I don't want to put him through that again.

Maybe Cain is right; I am just an exception to Phil's hatred of humans, but doesn't that show how important I am to him? I've constantly watched him brush off dirty looks of those he told I was his sheep and even get angry over it. He's always been protective of me and desires my safety and happiness. My eyes shut again as I listen to his heart echoing in his chest, thumping steadily as my fingers tightened. My breath hitched and my body tensed when I felt him move, growling low and deep as he stirred, those claws grabbing at my back a bit more before a face nestled into my hair.

My hands shook as he relaxed again with a soft breath, and though my heart was beating fast, the rest of me was able to calm down a bit. Phil returned to sleep within moments, which was understandable, after seeing how exhausted he looked yesterday. He hasn't gotten much rest. I'm glad he was able to now. When Lord Lucifer told me that, I felt so guilty, even though I couldn't help what happened. This whole curse has been a mess. Even now, it tries to mess with my head, whispering dreadful words.

Mephistopheles is a monster.

He'll murderer you one day once he's bored.

He only wants you for entertainment.

Choking down a sob, I bite hard into my cheeks to push them out, my face contorting into a look of frustration and anxiousness as I shook my head and pushed myself closer to him regardless. I will defy them even if it takes every ounce of energy from me. I can't let whoever did this get away with it. I refuse to hate him and treat him that way again. As brave as I tried to be, however I couldn't keep away the tears. They dampened his shirt as I held back whimpers.