Prom Night

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

————————————————
Your POV:
________________________________

————————————————Your POV:________________________________

_______________________________

After a few late nights and tons of hard labor, I managed to finish all prom dress orders before the dance, but, as predicted, Chloe's wasn't done until the day of prom. It was only natural for her to come running into Pins and Needles in a hurry, but she also seemed happy and excited to see the finished product. When I presented the dress, I could feel my heart melt at the adorable expression she made. I could tell she fell in love with it immediately, which made me happy. It always fills me with satisfaction knowing all my hard work is being appreciated.

"You can try it on if you'd like. Then, I can see if any adjustments need to be made."

"I'm sure it'll fit perfectly. Thank you." She hugs the dress close to her and gives me an appreciative smile before walking over to the dressing room, which is really just an area in the back corner of the store that's blocked by a thick, blue curtain. She flips the sign standing on the floor to state that it would be occupied before pulling the curtain aside to reveal a body-length mirror and a small, wooden stool. When she's finished, she pulls the curtain aside to reveal the slim-fitting dress with a toothy smile. I have to hold in a giggle at the reaction, but I'm glad to see it fits. I even catch Phil smiling softly at the teen as she twirls, causing the skirt to spin a little. Chloe's cheeks turn a rosy pink as she rubs her arm before coming closer to me.

"H- How does it look?"

"I think it looks perfect on you," I compliment truthfully, causing her blush to deepen.

"T- Thank you." My eyes light up a little upon remembering that I made something for her other than the pretty dress.

"Oh, I can't believe I almost forgot. Give me a moment, please. I have something for you."

"You do?" She asks, confused, but I merely smile and walk over to the backroom to grab a small, plastic container. I pop open the lid as I come back to the girl and reveal to her the colorful, flower-shaped hairpins inside.

"I couldn't help, but think of your dress when I made these. You don't have to take them if you don't want to; I just thought they matched perfectly. It's just a little something to make the whole thing tie together." Chloe reaches in to take out a pin with pink, fabric petals that form the shape of a rose and admires the craftsmanship. "Tell you what, I'll give them to you for free, simply because you're one of my favorite customers." I give the girl a wink and a smile, speaking the truth. She reminds me of my past self, and I know how difficult being a nervous teen can be, so I want to help her out. Chloe looked to be on the brink of tears, but she was not sad; she was overwhelmed with joy.