Long Forgotten Roots of a Dying Tree

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

—————————————————
__________________________________
Your POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Your POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

My eyes squint at the invasion of light in my retinas, resisting the urge to close them fully as Koda used his fingers to ensure the E/C optics stayed open during his examination. I get it helps him see better, but does it have to be on the highest setting?!

"Well, it's still there. It didn't disappear," the demon declares, stepping back from me and clicking the light off with a puzzled look on his face. Luther wore a similar expression as he brought a hand to his chin in thought.

"How strange. If it isn't broken, then, for certain, she shouldn't be able to see through it well enough that it disappears almost entirely. Adjusting to it is one thing, but for it to go this far is unheard of, isn't it?" Looking to his brother for a second opinion, the doctor receives a nod from Koda's head.

"Definitely." Humming, Luther crosses his arms, turning his naturally stern gaze over to Phil, who sat on a chair in the back of the room. We were in the same one where I got my check up before. It was no less unnerving being here, but with all that's going on, I was able to brush it off a little easier.

"Has she been in any contact with another demon? It could be a counter spell of some sort maybe." The King shakes his head with certainty.

"That would be impossible. No one would've had the chance, I'm sure if it. No one so much as glanced at her."

"Now that's creepy if you ask me," Koda mutters, when something suddenly occurred to me.

"Phil?" My voice gathers the attention of the room as my hands clutched the hem of my shirt tightly. "Didn't you mention before that you were invisible when you first met me, that you didn't intend for me to notice you?" A stunned silence followed my question.

"Yes, that was the reason I decided to get close to you in the first place. I thought it was odd. You were able to see me clearly without issue when you weren't... Supposed to." Coming to the same realization as me, his eyes widened a tiny bit. I nod and turn towards Luther as he spoke next. For once, he broke from the usual stoicalness and appeared a slight bit shocked, even arching one of his thin brows.

"Well, that's something. Your abilities are never faulty. Why didn't you mention this before?"

"It hadn't really occurred to me."

"You think she might be immune to things involving eye spells?" Koda wonders, seeming intrigued as he bends in closer towards my face, as if he were admiring it.