Common Misconception

•Y/N: Your Name

————————————————
Your POV:
________________________________

————————————————Your POV:________________________________

________________________________

Our walk continues, and my admiration for the kingdom's unique architecture hasn't faltered in the slightest. Every building holds its own charm, and I'm sure I'd be able to see a lot more if we were to walk across one of the bridges attached between the many tall towers. I bet I could view the whole kingdom if I picked the right one. A certain structure catches my eye, a large, round building right across the river that peeks over a few businesses and houses. I tug on Phil's sleeve for his attention while pointing at it. I hardly noticed when he tensed up.

"What's that place, over there?" There was a small pause before he answered, something I didn't think too much about.

"An arena," he says simply.

"Like for sports?" I question, raising a curious brow. It makes me wonder if demons have any sports that are different than human ones. I can only imagine the possibilities when their powers come into play.

"Not... exactly," Mephistopheles pauses again with a look of thought on his face. My guess is that he's figuring out a good way to word his explanation so that I can clearly understand. "It's a place where demons go to fight each other. It helps reduce violence on the streets, and most like to make a spectacle of themselves anyways, so it works pretty well. Of course, not everyone uses it, but it's a popular spot for those who place bets and such."

I hum in response, dropping it entirely after hearing what goes on there. It sounds like a place I don't want to be. Still, my eyes linger there for a few more seconds before they shift over to a line of monstrous-looking kids lead by a demon woman with curled, brown hair. She spots us in an instant, and her features lit up like a spark. Phil gave a quiet groan as they approach cheerfully and mutters a warning. "Brace yourself."

"For what?" There was no time for him to answer my question, however, as the unknown woman stands in front of us before giving a deep and respective bow. She urges with a hand behind her back for the children to follow her example, and they did. She pops up soon after with a wide grin full of crooked teeth. The lady is a tad taller than myself while being much smaller than my guide, and her features were mostly human, yet inhuman at the same time. It was like she was wearing a human's skin on her body, which I'm sure is not the case, but that is what her looks resembled. It was unsettling all the same.

"Oh, how lucky we are to find you this fine morning, your majesty! I hope you aren't too busy to give a little lesson?" She spoke clearly in a posh, British accent with every word properly annunciated. Her question caught me a little off-guard.