Threads of the Heart

__________________________________
Your POV:
__________________________________

__________________________________Your POV:__________________________________

Phil and I stop in front of a dark, wooden door not too far from Phil's bedroom, which resides right down the hall. I could feel the anticipation bubbling up within me as my guide purposely takes a long time to fish out the key from his pocket. How cruel. With a click, it's unlocked, and he gestures for me to try the knob.

"Go on, open it." I could see the excitement burning in all four of his eyes, only making me more curious of the contents of the room. Without a second to waste, I twist the knob and push open the door to be greeted by a surprising sight. From the threshold, I admire the massive room before me with wide eyes, taking in all its details. All walls are a nice, cream color and are decorated in black-framed, beautiful art pieces from paintings to intricate embroideries and pressed flowers.

The first piece of furniture to draw my attention is the large bed, which stands in the center of a raised, carpeted platform the color of sand and is surrounded by a canopy of translucent, black curtains that are currently tied to the four bed posts. The fabric is long, draped from the ceiling, and the wooden bed frame matches its dark color with a cream, padded headboard. Right above that is a big mirror framed in black metal, which is curled into lovely designs. Stationed on both the left and right sides of the bed are the nightstands, which are each topped with a black lamp covered in a cream-colored shade and a small vase of blue and white flowers, while at the foot of the bed sits an upholstered, cream bench.

Off the platform, the hardwood floor is dark and polished so well that I could see my reflection in it if I were to look down. A black rug lies in the middle of it with white accents and tassels on the corners. Walking over it, I reach thick, black drapes, which I pull apart to reveal wide, French doors with two small windows above. They open out to a large balcony furnished with a set of black chairs with white padding and a small, round table. Also out there are a few pots of the most peculiar blue flowers with petals that seemingly glow and one small tree. The balcony overlooks the castle garden, which I adored, but I pry my eyes away to look to my right. Between two doors is a dark fireplace surrounded by black brick. It is currently unlit, but there are a few logs waiting inside to be set ablaze.

'It's beautiful.' A set of claws rest upon my shoulders, and I could feel breath pass the shell of my ear as Mephistopheles spoke.

"I had it made just for you. Of course, I wouldn't feel any offended if you chose to continue sleeping in my room. I quite enjoy your company in bed," he purrs out seductively, setting fire to my face. My reaction to his words made him chuckle as he pulled away. "I just figured you'd like your own space from time-to-time in a place that is solely your own." The gift was so thoughtful, it filled me with joy as I turned to look at him.