synopsis

Laenerys Targaryen was born to the King Viserys Targaryen and Aemma Targaryen. Their second born daughter was a miracle as her Mother often described her. She had lost many pregnancies before Laenerys having only one child out of several survive over the years of trying to give her husband a male heir to which she failed to do.

Aemma Targaryen passed only a year after birthing her second daughter Laenerys. She died from a pregnancy failure on her bed with a cut open belly as Viserys was trying so hard to get his male heir from her stomach before they both died. It resulted in him ordering them to cut her open alive in a torturous way.

Both her Mother and baby brother died that day, not that she remembered it that well as she was also a babe at the time.

Her whole childhood Laenerys was a child of neglect from her Father as she was not a son nor an heir of his. Merely a daughter. However her older sister Rhaenyra who was around 14 years older than her had always looked out for her little sister. Often the two would be seen roaming the castle halls together or riding on their young dragons Syrax and Rhae.

Rhae was Laenerys dragon. A young female with deep, blood red scales covering her whole body from tail to head. A rather frightening sight to many. The dragon was bigger than Syrax and was still growing but the dragon keepers had told her that Rhae would eventually in the years to come, become almost of Vhagar's size but a tad smaller.

This was one of the few things that her Father had ever praised her for. Her dragon being a great mighty beast. He was proud that she could control it and proud that he had such a dragon in his family line.

As the years flew past for both of the young sisters they found themselves closer but spending less and less time with each other as marriage arrangements were being made for Rhaenyra and rumours being spread of her older sister and uncle's relationship.

Her uncle was Daemon and Laenerys had to admit that she did see the looks that they have each other and she was fine with it. Daemon was kind to Laenerys and often came to visit her he had become more a Father than her own had ever been to her.

However her Sister Rhaenyra was to be married to their distant cousin Laenor Velaryon. Much like their Father's cousin-wife being their mother. It was a common thing in the Targaryen family to marry within the family unless an alliance is to be made.

Her sister was also the heir to the Iron throne despite many not wanting a woman to sit upon it. Their Father Viserys would soon have a new wife as his council was pushing him to take on a new wife more and more. That was what both the sisters were sure off. No matter how much he had loved their Mother his council will press him to take another wife and have sons with her.

But for now Rhaenyra was still heir and Laenerys was second in line considering that her sister had no children yet.

As the two girls got older Rhaenyra went to live at Driftmark the home of her Husband leaving her sister at Kings Landing with their Father and his new wife the Lady Alicent Hightower. To which Laenerys despised.

She had thought that herself and Rhaenyra were friends with the lady Alicent seeing that the two older girls were close in age but she was wrong as when the king announced he was to be wed to Alicent all that Laenerys felt was betrayal and it was something that she refused to accept ever.

Alicent was young and would bear him many new children with them coming male heirs. Pushing her and her sister further from being in power or to keeping the house Targaryen pure and just as Laenerys had expected by her 12th name day Alicent had given her Father 2 children and was with child once more.

Two sons Aegon and Aemmond. Two heirs, two male heirs at that but what had confused the young girl even more was the fact that her Father did not name either of his new born sons as his heir. He had kept Rhaenyra as his true heir and it was then that Laenerys realised that her Father never wanted to be married to Alicent and that his love for their Mother had still lived on through his daughters.

He wanted to keep Rhaenyra as his heir as it was what Aemma would of wanted if she was alive. It was what she would of been most content with and what she would have advised him on.

Rhaenyra had also had two sons with her husband Laenor however they both had brown hair and brown eyes despite both parents having hair white as snow.

Laenerys knew why this was. Her sister had told her of her and Laenor having an open relationship and that her two sons Jacaerys and Lucreys were Sir Harwin Strongs children. The young girl never argued with her sister for her ways she found it fine after all her sister was happy with her family.

Laenerys was friends with her two nephews as well. Jacaerys was only around 5 years younger than herself so they got along well enough to be friends.

But in the years the sisters Father had started to grow weaker by the day. Laenerys could see it in his eyes that as time went on he would cripple and become bed ridden with some kind of sickness as it was already taking him and eating at his face corroding in cheeks, infecting his already frail body.

It had seemed that Rhaenyra may be Queen sooner then they had both thought, oh how stupid the two sisters had been to think that in their youths.