chapter twenty one

The day of the feast dawned onto Laenerys and Cregan faster then they could of ever comprehended. For Cregan he was happy about the whole ideal to a certain extent, he just wanted to get closer to her family. Where as for her she was dreading it.

The mere thought of having to see her half brothers again was rather taunting, but then again it would mean that she would get to see her sister, Rhaenrya again and Daemon.

Truth be told she missed them both a lot and even though the Stark's had become like a second family to her nothing could ever replace her sister's love and the relationship that they have, and have had since they were both little.

"Are you sure you are ready?" Cregan asked her for about the hundredth time since they had found out about the Targaryen family banquet.

and for the hundredth time she answered.

"Yes, I believe I am ready."

With that Cregan opened the pair of doors that lead into the room. Inside there was a large table with many seats on either side of it.

Everyone except King Viserys was there already. Including Rhaenrya who upon her younger sister entering she cut her conversation with Daemon short and got up to greet Laenerys.

"Sister!" she exclaimed before wrapping her two arms around her, to which Laenerys returned the gesture.

"I've missed you so much."Laenerys added as the pair broke from their embrace.

"As have I." Rhaenrya smiled back to her.

and then as if on cue Daemon, Jace and Luke all joined into the conversation.

Small talk was happening between Laenerys, Rhaenrya and the boys but as that happened Daemon slowly branched off to the side of Cregan and began to talk to him.

"You better have treated her right because if I hear one thing from Laenerys then you are dead." he whispered into Cregans ear.

The threatening tone and the statement that Daemon had just spoke made Cregan shiver a little but he was not overly intermediated since he knew that he had been treating Laenerys right. He knew that he could never treat her wrong.

After that Aemon started a toast and everyone could already tell where it was going to go, knowing him.

"Final tribute, to the health of my nephews. Jace, Luke and Joffrey each of them handsome, wise......." he stood up as he spoke and raised his cup which bore wine in it.

However as Aemond was making his toast his older brother, Aegon also decided to poke some fun at Cregan.

"So do you like your new lady wife?" He said with a large and devilish smirk on his face.

"Yes." was all Cregan replied with trying not to talk to the person that Laenerys had talked about hating the most in her entire family.

"Well if you don't want Laenerys then I wouldn't mind having her for a night." What he had said made Cregan's blood boil but Aegon just had to add on to it. "Warming my bed." he then raised is cup to his lips as Aemond's toast also came to an end.

"...strong." Aemond said and smirked.

"Aemond." Alicent warned to no avail.

Luke was shooting daggers at his half blooded uncle froom across the table as he spoke those words. They had so much meaning although no one would ever say.