chapter nine

It was the day. The very day that Laenerys had dreaded, resented, wanted and feared for over a year. Her mind was completely conflicted as the many maids and servants dressed her up in the most majestic gown she had ever seen in her life.

It was a pure [colour] dress that had beautiful details and embroidery on it. A small dragon on one sleeve and a small wolf mirroring the other side and of course Laenerys wore the necklace that was gifted to her by Cregan when they first met.

She had been gifted an array of expensive jewellery as wedding present from many lords and lady's but Laenerys still chose the small wooden wolf necklace that held a special place in her heart for some reason.

"You look very pretty my daughter." Alicent said as she held her shoulders. Laenerys did not like it when Alicent called her daughter but she did not mind and usually let it slide as she had little to no maternal love her whole life apart from her sister but it was limited to a point.

As the maids all finished preparing her hair and the final touches of the dress and her body Laenerys was finally ready. The moment of her wed inched ever closer by the second second and yet she had still not seen her sister or Daemon yet.

She knew she might not be able to sue all the busy preparations and important people who would be their but she still wanted to.

A knock them sounded at the door to which one of the servants opened for her and let the guests in and much to her surprise it was Aris, Lyanna and Elinor. Her new sister in law, mother in law and aunt.

"You look gorgeous!" Aris immediately said as she ran over and greeted the girl with a big smile before her attention turned towards the dress absolutely stunned at its beauty.

"We have no dresses like this in Winterfell." Aris said before looking at Laenerys once more.

"Well I'm sure I can get you one if you would like." She told her soon to be sister in law who replied by nodding.

"It is true what the rumours say." Elinor said. "You are truly the Beaty of the Targaryen family. My son is lucky." She said before giving Laenerys a long lasting hug.

Once again Laenerys felt overwhelmed with love from a simple hug.

"I agree." Lyanna added but in all truthfulness Lyanna was also very pretty as were all the Stark girls of course.

"I cannot wait to tour you around Winterfell and I cannot wait for us to be best friends!" Aris said rather loudly once more. It was clear that the young girl was very extroverted and happy and Laenerys liked that and did want to be her friend deeply.

"Are you worried my child." Elinor said much to the surprise of all the woman who were trying to keep the topic happy for now. "I was very scared when I first married Ned but now I cannot imagine a life without him."

Elinore then walked over to Laenerys and started to inspect her gown and hair.

"You loo perfect." She said. "And I want you to know that even if you are scared you will have me. I know what it is like."

Her tone held genuine care for the Targaryen girl despite not knowing her for long and it made Laenerys feel safe and wanted by them. It made her feel happy in thier presence.

The four of them then all smiled at one another before they shortly after left Laenerys company to make their way to the wedding hall.

Now Laenerys waited for her Father to come to walk her down the isle. However he did not come. Someone better came who she did not expect once again.

"Daemon?" The young princess questioned as he walked over to her and linked their arms in the way the father would have his daughter.

"Viserys is already inside. He wanted me to do this for him." He the offered a warm grin down to Laenerys before the doors to the hall gradually started to open and the music and whispers of the crowds were slowly drawing into their ears.