CHAPTER TWO

The next day, I was lazily walking in the hallways. My classes were over for the day and in a few minutes the lacrosse eliminators are about to start. Today will decide if Scott actually gets to play in the team if not the first line. And I am totally hoping he plays like he played the previous day. I stopped and hid in a corner when I found Jackson had my brother pinned against the locker. "I am asking you for the last time McCall, where are you getting your juice?" Jackson asked angrily. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at him. Off course Jackson would think my brother is using steroids. One match my brother plays well, Jackson thought his popularity would be at stake. Scott kept looking at him innocently before answering him with equal innocence. "My mom does all the grocery shopping."

I suddenly felt torn between laughing my ass out or banging my head on the wall. Can my brother be anymore stupid? Scott's reply made Jackson angrier.

"Now listen to me McCall-" Jackson stated angrily as he pushed Scott to the lockers. "You're gonna tell me exactly what it is and who you're getting it from. Because there is no way in hell, you're there kicking ass on the field like that without some sort of chemical boast."

Finally, realization dawned upon Scott. "Oh! You mean steroids. Are you on steroids?" yet he dumbly asked. It seemed Jackson would bust from rage brewing in him. "What the hell is going on with you McCall?" he nearly shouted.

Scott's face flushed slightly. "You really wanna know! Well, so would I! Because I can see, hear and smell things I shouldn't be able to see, hear and smell. I can do things that should be impossible. I am sleepwalking three miles into the middle of the woods. And I am pretty much convinced that I am out of my freaking mind." Scott took a deep breath as he finished his rant which made Jackson stunned for a moment. To be honest, I was shocked too. This might be the first time I am seeing him this agitated. He always been the quiet kid. I was the rebel twin. "You're keeping a secret. You think you are funny, don't you McCall? I know you are hiding a secret, and I am gonna find out what it is. I don't care what it takes." Jackson threatened before angrily stalking off.

I slid out of my hiding spot and followed Scott to the field. I put my arms around his shoulder and turned him towards me. I was about to ask him if he's ok when Stiles' voice rang behind me. "Scott! Scarlett! Wait!" Stiles came running towards us nearly tripping on his leg. "Stiles I'm playing the first eliminations man. Can it wait?" Scott scoffed.

Stiles whacked his chest and shook his head. "Just hold on, okay? I overheard my dad on the phone. The fiber analysis came from the lab in L.A. They found animal hair in the body from the woods." Scott didn't get anything and ignored what Stiles said. "Stiles I gotta go." He left while Stiles yelled softly after him. "Wait, Scott no! You're not gonna believe what the animal was!" He sighed and then lowered his voice as he turned towards me. "It was a wolf." I raised my eyebrows at him. "A wolf?" Stiles nodded. "Yeah."

*

Friday, after school I entered the Stilinski household. Stiles had asked Scott and I to come to his house as early as possible. Scott was at the animal clinic so I came here alone. So apparently my brother had gotten the first line in the lacrosse team, which was great. And he had also asked Allison to go to him in Lydia's party on Friday. His life seemed so sorted that it actually feels unreal. When I got to Stiles' room, it was a mess. He had papers scattered here and there, a few books opened to certain pages and there was an article about werewolves opened in his computer tab. When he saw me, he leapt from his computer chair he had been sitting on.

"Oh my god! Scarlett you're finally here. Where the fuck is your brother? I have to tell you something. To both of you. Things might be really wrong with Scott and....." He rambled on and on that I actually had to make him stop.