CHAPTER TWELVE

"You really don't remember anything?" Allison asked Lydia as the three of us made our way to the school gates. It's been a few days Lydia was found, and today she decided to come to school and she also decided that I should accompany her and Allison. Imagine my surprise when last night the Lydia Martin herself called, telling me she was picking me for school next day. Anyway, I was more concerned about the full moon, which was today. Not only I had to make sure my brother didn't kill me and apart from looking after my sick self I needed to look after Lydia too.

"They called it a fudge state." I explained Allison as I awkwardly tugged behind them.

"Basically, that's a way of saying we have no idea why you were running through the woods for two days." Lydia shrugged. Surprisingly, she was a lot more normal about this than we had imagined. Like, when I and Allison went to check on her after the day she was found, we had imagined her to be upset or something. Instead she was discarding few clothes from her wardrobe because they didn't fit properly. "But personally I am happy. I lost nine pounds." Lydia exclaimed happily. Yes, that's the reason her dresses didn't fit.

Allison looked at Lydia adoringly. I couldn't help but do the same. For the last few days, I got the chance of getting to know Lydia, the real Lydia. And trust me that's a lot more pleasant than the mean girl Lydia we see at school.

"Are you ready for this?" Allison asked.

"Please, it's not like my aunt is a serial killer." And here you go. Mean girl Lydia was back. Lydia pushed the gates and entered inside. I nudged Allison, who seemed to have become a statue with Lydia's comment.

Once inside, all eyes fell on us, or more like Lydia. For the past few days, she had become the talk of the town. Which somewhat diverted the attention from me, and I was glad about that. All the students stopped what they were doing and stared at Lydia with weird expressions. She seemed to be overwhelmed by all the attention, so I leaned forward to whisper in her ear, "Maybe it's the nine pounds." Lydia made a determined face, flicked her strawberry blonde hair back and cat-walked inside. Allison chuckled and at the same time my phone buzzed. I whipped my phone from my pocket and checked the message.

Spazzy brat: ANOTHER WEREWOLF!!! We don't know who it is. LACROSSE FIELD. NOWWW.

My heart dropped into my stomach.

When I entered the lacrosse field, I could see Scott on the goal. Well, that's new. A player, whose name was maybe Matt, ran to shot the ball. Scott ran forward, abandoning the goalpost. I sat on the bleachers as I watched my brother knock Matt over and sniff him. Oh, that's how he's gonna find it. Coach went up to Stiles and grabbed him through his helmet.

"Stilinski, what the hell is wrong with your friend?"

"Uh—he's failing two classes, he's a little socially awkward and if you look close enough his jawline is kind of uneven." I heard Stiles say and coach seemed to believe that because he left Stiles. Next was Danny. Scott did the same with him and both of them ended on the ground, with Scott on top of Danny.

"McCall! You come out of that goal one more time and you'd be doing suicide runs till you actually die. It's gonna be the first ever suicide runs that actually ends in a suicide. Got it?" Coach screamed at the top of his lungs. I sat on the bleachers, laughing silently. The next was Jackson. He wearily looked at Scott before getting out of line on the pretext of his shoulder. As Jackson was out of the line it was Isaac next. My laughter died down a little when I realized that kid's going to end up like all the other players. Isaac ran forward and so did Scott. They collided with each other with so much force that it caused both of them to land on their knees and skid back a bit. When both looked up, I swear I saw Isaac's eyes turn golden. My smile flattened as realization stuck me. I haven't seen Derek in days, said he was busy. And that's what he's been busy with. Scott's attention suddenly snapped to the other side of the field. I followed his gaze only to see Sheriff Stilinski along with two other deputies making their way over to the practice.