CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"Come on! Is that thing even a teenager! I want to see a birth certificate." Coach screamed as another one of our players was knocked down. I was seated on the benches beside Stiles and for once Coach didn't mind. "Who or what is that generic experiment gone wrong?" He asked Stiles as he sat beside him.

"Eddie Abomowitz, Coach. They call him the 'abomination'." Stiles sighed.

"Oh that's cute." Coach muttered. I sneaked another glance at Allison and her grandfather to see her wearing his coat. Then she sneakily put her hand inside a pocket and I caught a glimpse of something shiny in her hand. I nudged Stiles and he went to get the keys while I got up and ran the other way. I met Stiles near the parking lot and we both made our way to the school. I stopped as I spotted Lydia in her car, crying. Stiles noticed it too.

"You go. I'm behind you." Stiles said before making way in that direction and I made my way inside the school. After searching the almost the whole office and not finding any book I sent Allison a text.

"Oh hello Scarlett." I rolled my eyes at the sickly voice behind me. Erica. As I turned around, I found her standing there holding Stiles' ear. "Mind following me." She innocently said although nothing was innocent about her as she had her claws out. I rolled my eyes but followed her as she dragged Stiles by his ear.

Erica made us come to the pool area where Derek was standing with a basketball in his hands. Erica left Stiles before going to stand by Derek's side. I couldn't help but roll my eyes although I wasn't if it was because of Derek being there or because Erica was by his side.

"Stiles." Derek smiled. His eyes momentarily flickered over to me, or more specifically to my cheek then again landed on Stiles.

"Derek." Stiles echoed.

"What did you see at the mechanic's garage?" Derek asked straight away.

"Uh—several alarming EPA violations that I am seriously considering reporting." Stiles replied in his usual sarcastic way. Erica laughed out loud; however Derek did not find it funny. He extended his claws and dug them into the ball, squeezing the air out of it.

"And right now we are seeing a self-righteous alpha and his pea-brain beta." I muttered under my breathe but loud enough for all of us to hear. Erica growled but Derek held up his hand stopping her. His hard eyes were stuck on Stiles the entire time.

"Lets try that again Stiles." He glared at Stiles, ignoring me. Is he seriously ignoring me now, after almost ripping my face apart! But he did try to come to me afterwards, right?

Stiles sighed finally letting out everything he saw. "Alright, this thing was pretty slick looking. Uh—skin was dark—patterned. I think I actually saw scales. Is that enough? Cause I have somebody I really need to talk

to." Derek narrowed his eyes further, obviously wanting to know more about this unknown creature. Stiles groaned. "Alright, fine. Eyes, eyes are—um—yellowish and slitted. Has a lot of teeth. Oh and it's got a tail. Are we good?"

I noticed Derek and Erica looking at something above us with a horrified expression. So I craned my neck to follow their gaze, while Stiles continued blabbing. "What? Have you seen it? You have this look on your faces like you know exactly what I am talking about."

"Umm—Stiles, its above us." Just as I said it a shrill cry echoed in the entire pool area. Stiles held my hand and stumbled forward as we stood beside Derek. The thing came down and Derek growled. It however grabbed Erica and threw her against the wall like a rag doll, instantly knocking her unconscious. The thing then swinged its tail at Derek. Before I could even understand Stiles screamed. "Derek your neck!"