CHAPTER SIX

Fast forward to all the drama leading to today, Scott got grounded for not showing up at the conference, bunking school and for failing two classes. The day of the conference, an actual mountain lion showed up at the school parking lot. Though Mr. Argent killed it, Stilinski got hurt because of a moving car. And now Stiles was not talking to Scott either.

Today mom sent Scott for grocery shopping as part of his punishment. When he came back, he explained how Derek 'tried' to teach him control which ended up in Derek breaking his phone. As soon as mom left for the hospital Scott took off again, this time to meet Allison. Even though Allison got in trouble for bunking and they are not allowed to see each other, Scott and Allison were continuing in the old Romeo and Juliet way. I wanted to say it's cute but as I was supposed to babysit Scott, I couldn't.

As I entered my room after trying to stop Scott from going out, I was met with Derek Hale sitting on my computer chair.

"He isn't supposed to meet her." He said before I could enter my room properly. I gasped with my hand pressed against my chest trying to slow my frantically beating heart.

"How the fuck did you get in?" I asked, my breathing still irregular.

Derek smirked at me, "Through the window. You know it's not a wise decision to leave your window open when you have a mass murdering werewolf roaming in town."

Although he was right, I just couldn't leave it without a sarcastic comment. "Well, maybe I wanted one werewolf in my room." Derek let out a little laugh at that. I too smiled at the sound of his laughter. Quietly closing the door behind me, I sat in my bed.

After a minute of silence I asked, "I heard you broke Scott's phone."

Derek let out an irritable sigh in response and I mentally cursed myself for bringing the topic.

"You know, I don't get why you are so against the idea of Allison and Scott dating? I mean, she's such a nice girl. She could be from the non-hunting part of her family." I tried to reason with him.

Derek sat up straight on the chair, "Or what if she isn't? I thought the same about Kate once. And what she did? She burned my whole family alive." There was a lot of anger visible in his tone. Could Allison really kill Scott's family—which basically includes mom and me? I shuddered at the thought. Then another thought came to my mind.

"You dated Kate?" I asked, the idea of him dating Allison's aunt making me slightly uncomfortable. Derek nodded in response. Before I could say something, the front door opened and closed indicating Scott was home. Soon enough urgent footsteps echoed through the house and a frantic looking Scott barged into my room.

"The alpha—it was following me." Scott exclaimed fearfully. A wave of fear ran my body as well. I might really start locking my window.

"So, what happened? Did he talk to you?" Derek suddenly spoke up causing Scott to scream as he turned to face him.

"What are you doing here? What are doing in my sister's room?" Scott suddenly bombarded with questions. I rolled my eyes at him always assuming Derek was always gonna hurt someone. He didn't hurt me, yet.

"Scott, just answer the man." I reminded him about the more terrifying detail.

"Yeah, we had a nice conversation about the weather." Scott replied sarcastically before continuing, "No he didn't talk."

"Well, did you get anything off of him? An impression?"

"What do you mean?" Scott asked.

Derek stood up, shaking his head in disappointment. "Remember your other senses are heightened. Communication doesn't have to be spoken. What feeling did you get from him?" This was the first time Derek used his calm tone on Scott.