4

~~~~~~~~~{ [ Chapter 4 ] }~~~~~~~~~~

"Please allow me to leave, Father."

His sudden statement made the three freeze; their hands were clenched into fists.

Akira looked directly into the Grand Duke's now-unseeing eyes. His heart began to race at a fast pace, but he still tried to keep a calm demeanor.

He raised his eyebrows in confusion. The Grand Duke remained silent; his eyes were shadowed by his bangs. Also, taking a quick glance at his brothers, they also have the same state as their father.

Akira started to sweat profusely, saying, "W-why? Why aren't they saying anything?' He thought, hanging his head down and stared at the marble floor in puzzlement.

But after a few minutes of silence, Alistair suddenly grabbed Akira's shoulders, and that made him lift his head and look up at the eldest brother in surprise.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN LEAVE? Where are you going? AKI! WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT? "You have just recovered from the previous incident!"

Alistair shouted angrily. His grip on the youngest's shoulders tightened.

But Akira, who got yelled at, continues to look at Alistair. His unmatched eyes slightly dilated in an unknown manner.

"Brother. calm down. And let go of Akira, You're hurting him."

Zane said, trying to calm the agitated Alistair.

Alistair, who seemingly came back to his senses, slowly let go of his hold and averted his gaze in guilt. He sat back on the couch and gritted his teeth.

Silence overwhelms the entire room once again.

And this time, Akira, who can't handle the stress of edgy silence, looked at his father with a serious face.

The Grand Duke was taken aback but didn't say anything since his youngest seemed to have something else to say.

"Father, older brothers... It's not really what you think, okay? Please calm down and listen to me first!"

Said by Akira while looking at the Grand Duke, Alistair, and Zane back and forth.

This caught the attention of the troubled Alistair. Now that everyone is paying attention to him, Akira can't help but sigh in relief.

"You see, after the near-death experience I had, I was enlightened of my own foolishness. I was wrong, and I regret what I've done. I made my father and brothers worry and angry."

"No! We're not mad at you at all!" interrupted by a frowning Alistair, concern lacing his handsome face.

Akira eyed him and made a close-eyed smile. He doesn't care; why would he care if they're angry or not?

He is not the real Akira; all of his words are just words meant to be used for his own gain.

"I know, I really do, and that is why I feel so guilty. So, after thinking it through, it's much better for me to distance myself from 'him," right? If I continue to let myself fall for him, then it will continue to make me more miserable, and I will keep hurting father's and brothers' feelings. I would hate that. That's why, allow me to leave, Father. Everywhere is fine, just not here. Not in this place."

Akira softly said, his unmatched eyes flashing an unknown emotion before closing them briefly.

The Grand Duke solemnly stared at his youngest.