13 (Part 1)

"Please keep in mind that we are not close enough to mind each other's business."

"...."

Akira's words hung in the air, leaving everyone momentarily speechless. The gravity of his statement sank in, and the atmosphere became heavy with tension.

Dion, on the other hand, wore a calm and composed expression, but his eyes gleamed with unknown emotions. His hold on the purple-haired boy tightened.

It was a long silence until someone broke it. A soft and fragile voice caught everyone's undivided attention.

"Aki, why are you saying that? Aren't we good friends? Are you abandoning us?" Everyone stared at Noah, whose tears were threatening to fall. Akira flinched slightly. Watching the frail and delicate state of the heroine gives him unexplainable chills. He can't help but frown deeply.

Why was it that instead of getting captivated by the heroine, the only thing he felt towards him was wariness?

Something was definitely wrong.

"Aki!"

?

Akira's eyes widened in surprise when Noah suddenly grabbed both his hands, forcing Dion to let go of their intertwined hands.

'W.What?'

He turned his head to look at Dion, and as he expected, Dion was also taken by surprise. The look of surprise and confusion was visible on the gray-haired man's face as he stared at his hand. Akira frowned at the sight before him and then glanced back at the heroine, who was holding his hands tightly. He tried to get away, but unexpectedly, Noah was strong—too strong for Akira's confusion.

"Aki, go back with us! I want you to be happy! This place is not for you!" Noah blurted out.

"Let go."

"No! Aki is getting stubborn! Are you angry with me? Why are you treating me like this?"

Noah was now crying, much to Akira's displeasure.

"Please. Let go."

Akira said it blankly, but once again it was ignored.

"Don't you like Noah anymore? I like you, Aki! So please don't be angry with Noah anymore!"

Akira's expression darkened. And it deepened more when Noah suddenly hugged him and took him by surprise.

Akira felt conflicted, but the first thing he thought of after he was hugged was to look at Dion.

But doing so, his entire being froze entirely.

Navy blue eyes are staring back at him, filled with coldness and indifference.

Feeling his heart get shattered painfully, Akira tried to mute out Dion's name.

"..-on"

Only to watch the man's back face him and get further away from his sight.

Wait, don't go.

Don't leave me.

Don't abandon me.

Don't disappear again.

Greg

Gregory!

No. no. no.

Dion.

Dion!

"Dion!"

Akira shouted desperately. Dion's steps were halted immediately.

When he felt the heroine's hold on him lessen, he took that chance to push him away strongly, causing the heroine to fall to the ground.

"Where are you going? Don't go off on your own!" Don't leave me.

Akira shouted again. He waits for Dion to look back. He waited and waited.

Dion slowly looked back, with a smile slowly forming on his handsome face.

Akira's eyes brightened out, and chuckled softly.

He decided to ignore the wailing and drama happening behind him and run towards Dion.

"Why are you leaving without me?"

"Hm? I thought you were going back with them."

"Ha? Why would you think that?"

"Well, with all those dramas, why wouldn't you? And also, the person you like is crying before you; aren't you a bit moved by it?"

"I don't like him."

"....really?'

"Yes."

"...I see."

"......Don't just say 'I see' then smile like an idiot!"

"Haha, but I can't help it."

"Idiot."

"Hahaha. Yes. Yes. I am definitely an idiot."

Dion patted Akira's head and messed his hair out.

Akira, who was displeased by it, glared at the man before him, only to be captivated by the man's enchanting, soft, and gentle smile. Akira held his breath, afraid it would be taken away any minute.

However, remembering Dion's cold and indifferent navy blue eyes looking back at him earlier

Akira's expression faltered a bit before smiling softly and pouted afterwards.

----

One week has passed.

Now, it's time for Akira to go back to the academy and for Dion to enter the academy as a transfer student.