12

As if it wasn't enough of a surprise that he had to meet all the capture targets in broad daylight and in a place where they weren't supposed to be, Another unexpected figure appeared behind them: The Heroine.

Akira's eyes narrowed slightly.

'Hm? I don't remember any events that took place on the common outskirts of the game at all. What are they doing here? '

"Akira,"

He got a bit startled when the five men suddenly appeared in front of him.

He took a step back and almost lost his balance if not for Dion's help.

"Thank you," He said. Dion nodded slightly with a smile that seemed a bit friendly, but Akira quickly noticed how fake that was. He stared at Dion for a while before straightening himself and turning his attention back to others.

"Aki! Good morning!"

Akira's face was distorted a bit. The heroine currently wears a gentle and soft smile, but he can't help but get chills every time he's in front of him.

He quickly turned his attention back to Dion, who suddenly got quiet beside him.

'He seems bored.'

'Well, who wouldn't? We were about to have a date if it weren't for them.'

He frowned but got into a daze when it suddenly hit him—the word he just thought of.

'.....Date..... A date? ..date? aaahh.... Did I really think that we were having a date? for real? '

Akira lowered his head in shame. He felt the heat rushing up and bubbling on his cheeks. As if it weren't enough, he can even hear the rapid beating of his heart.

'D*mn! D*mn! D*mn! This is definitely his fault! '

Akira thought, but while doing so, he didn't know how he looked from others perspectives.

"Akira, are you okay?" Khalid asked in worry. He was about to reach out his hand to touch Akira, but it was stopped midway when someone else got ahead of him.

They watched as the guy who was with Akira suddenly put his hands around him, wrapping them around his waist. Pulling Akira closer to himself.

"Aki? Are you okay?"

And then the man's gentle and intimate voice using Akira's pet name wasn't of any help at all.

Khalid narrowed his eyes darkly. He glared at the man and was trying hard to suppress the dark emotions that were urging to come out at this moment.

"I'm fine, and also your hand; don't touch me there," Akira said, looking a bit flustered.

His voice wavered as he tried to maintain composure, but his cheeks flushed a deeper shade of red, betraying him. Dion holding his waist and pulling him closer had caught him off guard, and he couldn't help but feel a mixture of embarrassment and annoyance.

'This guy! '

Dion slowly retracted his hand, a hint of a smirk playing on his lips.

"Apologies, Aki. Just making sure you're okay," he said, his tone laced with amusement.

Though his words sounded innocent enough, Akira couldn't shake off the unsettling feeling that Dion was intentionally pushing his boundaries.

Everyone's expression grew even darker, and their fists clenched tightly. They were not ones to easily tolerate such intimacy between Akira and another person, especially not from someone they felt suspicious about.