Chapter 13 (Part 2)

One week has passed.

Now, it's time for Akira to go back to the academy and for Dion to enter the academy as a transfer student, but little did they know that a surprise had been waiting for them in the academy.

As Akira and Dion boarded the carriage together, Dion kept his usual calm demeanor while Akira was starting to feel restless.

He glanced at the two men sitting across from them. They didn't even try to conceal the vigilance reflecting in their eyes while staring at Dion.

A hopeless sigh left Akira's lips, startling the two before him.

"Aki, are you okay?"

"Are you perhaps still sick?"

He looked at them with a blank look but almost wanted to laugh, seeing the unconcealed concerns on their faces.

It's been a while since he last saw them.

For the past few days, he has spent his days together with Dion while the two are in the academy.

He was totally surprised to learn that they wanted to join him today, but he was more stunned to learn that they wanted to ride in the same carriage as him and Dion. 

Akira shook his head.

He smiled at them, nodded, and softly said,

"Eldest brother, Second brother, I am fine. It is thanks to your overflowing love for me."

'The hell with overflowing love. I'm getting the creeps.'

Akira's lips twitched a little at his own thought. He raised his petite shoulder with no signs of muscle and with a proud tone. He boastfully said, "See?"

He then crossed his arms and looked at his brothers with a proud smile.

Goodness. He never thought a moment like this would happen to him. But for the sake of stealing their attention away from Dion, Akira is prepared to give away his pride.

His pride. As a transmigrator.

He cried comically.

"Aki! I never thought you thought highly of us like that! This elder brother of yours is so happy beyond words." Alistair wept comically. Wiping his nonexistent tears, he looked at his younger brother with tenderness and eyes full of admiration.

He was about to stand up on his seat, eagerly wanting to embrace the youngest, when Zane's hand stopped him.

"Carriage. Mind your actions, brother."

Zane's eyes, looking at him, are full of annoyance. Seeing his brother like that, Alistair couldn't help but pout and listen to him.

When Zane turned his head back to look at their youngest in front of him, his eyes softened, and he smiled gently.

He reached out his hand to pat Akira's head.

"Youngest, we will respect your decisions and accept those who you want to be entangled with. You don't have to worry, we are not going to bite them. We just want to know if they're worthy of you to be acting like this just to protect them."

Zane's eyes flickered a bit. He glanced at Dion, who was sitting next to their beloved youngest.

Akira's heart started thumping at a rapid pace.

'He knew! '

Knowing that Zane had clearly discerned the reason behind his actions, Akira felt agitated.

He looked away in embarrassment but was surprised to see Dion looking at him with a smile plastered on his handsome face.

AHHHHHHHH

Don't look at me like that!

That was so embarrassing.

Akira covered his flustered face with his hands.

An enchanting giggle was heard inside the carriage, but it didn't help Akira calm down. Instead, it makes his heart thump more, and the heat of it rises up to his face.

Dion, please stop laughing like that.