9

~~~~~~~~{ [ Chapter 9 ] }~~~~~~~~

Akira was surprised at the sudden embrace from his father. He wasn't sure how to react as he was still trying to process the events of the night. Hades pulled away and looked down at his son with concern in his eyes.

"Where have you been, Akira? We were worried sick," Hades said, his voice low and serious.

Akira hesitated before answering, not wanting to get into any trouble. "I was just out with a friend," he replied stiffly.

Hades barely raised an eyebrow at the word 'friend.'

"What friend?" he asked, his tone still serious.

Akira hesitated again, not sure if he should reveal anything. But something in his Hades eyes made him feel like he could trust him.... now.

"A guy I met earlier today. We were just hanging out, nothing more," Akira explained with a soft tone.

Hades nodded, but his expression didn't soften. "You need to be careful about who you associate with. We don't know anything about this person," he said sternly.

Akira felt a pang of guilt in his chest. He knew he should have been more careful, but he couldn't help feeling drawn to Dion.

But, it's not like they'll meet again. He need to forget the man.

"I know, father. I'll be more careful," Akira promised.

Hades sighed and ruffled his son's hair gently. "Good. We just want to keep you safe," he said, his tone softening slightly.

Akira smiled weakly, feeling a mixture of emotions. He was glad that his new family cared about him, but at the same time, he couldn't help feeling trapped. 

He is not the real Akira, He is just a lost soul that possessed this body. A transmigrator.

The one who were supposed to receive this treatment is the real son, not him.

Akira felt his heart tighten.

He glanced up at the three and said his goodnights, retreating to his room afterwards.

As he lay in bed, he couldn't stop thinking about Dion and the Argyros Family. 

Akira closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh. He couldn't help feeling like everything that was happening are deviating from his original plan. 

His plan of leaving the family and living in a faraway place seems to be slipping away from his eyes.

----

The next day, Akira found himself standing in front of the transfer student's house, the one his grandfather- the headmaster had asked him to welcome and take care of.

He looked up at the house and examined it carefully. The transfer student he is supposed to meet seemed to be a commoner seeing his home is located in the commoner outskirts.

However, even though it's located here in the outskirts of the commoner area, the house was a modest but charming home built in a classic European style. The house was made out of red brick and featured a sloping roof clad in traditional grey tiles. Two chimneys protruded from the roof, each one giving off the occasional wisp of smoke from the fireplace downstairs.

The front of the house boasted a small garden that was neatly tended to by the owners. A white picket fence surrounded the property and a pathway made out of cobblestones led to the front door. The exterior walls of the house were adorned with climbing vines, which added a touch of natural beauty to the home.