Family Matters Most

Mau was running fast, she was being chased. There were noises of snakes hissing all around her. "I curse you.. curse curse curse curse." A figure full of blood that looked like Tia stood behind her and hands reaching both sides gripping her neck. Mau struggled to fight her back and she eventually fought her off. She appeared and reappeared around her. "Curse... curse.. you've been cursed.. die... die.." Tia said as Mau held her ears. "Shut up.. shut up!" Mau said as she suddenly woke up from her dream. She panicked and calmed herself down. Simon knocked and came into the room. "Mau.. you'll be late for breakfast if you don't get up." Simon said as he walked in as he noticed something wasn't right. "Have another nightmare?" Simon asked. Mau nodded as she coughed. Simon walked over to the bed and sat on the edge as he felt her forehead. "Looks like you'll be resting today.. you seem to have gotten sick, I'll make sure to have food delivered by the maids.. you're staying in bed and resting.." Simon said as he got up and walked over to the door. Mau started to get comfy again. "Am I going to die?" Mau asked. Simon tried not to laugh because he was unaware of the curse Tia had placed on her. He thought she was just being over dramatic. "I'm sure you'll be fine.. you don't seem to have that bad of a sickness.. but I'll call the doctor to be sure, get some rest alright?." Simon said as he opened the door and walked out. "Okay.." Mau said as she laid there.

As Mau laid there, her breathing started getting harder. Isis came in, she had stayed the night at the palace. "My My.. not good." Isis said as she could see a dark aura around Mau's body. This was the same dark aura that haunted Rehema's body. Isis walked over to Mau with an amulet as it started to glow. "I pray to thee, heal thee.. remove thy curse from thy child, I beg... Seal." Isis chanted as the amulet stopped glowing. Mau's breathing and symptoms died down some. The doctor came in and checked her out. "Just a minor cold, she will be better in no time at all." The doctor told them both. Simon at the door sighed in relief. The doctor left and Simon walked in. "I'm glad you are alright..—-" Simon said as he was interrupted. "For now.." Isis said. Simon looked at Isis confused. "What do you mean by that?.. don't tell me.." Simon questioned. Isis looked disappointed as she hates to even say it. "She was cursed by Apophis.. just like The Queen." Isis replied and clinched her hand together.

Simon's eyes widened as he felt like his heart dropped. "The Apophis curse?!" Simon yelled as he gripped his head shaking. "I failed.. I failed to protect her from the same curse that killed our Queen.." Simon thought as he was upset. Isis walked over and had him sit down. "This time I prepared and sealed it.. I don't know how long the seal will last." Isis said as she pet Mau's head. Mau looked upset. "So the curse is real..?" Mau asked. Simon nodded and sighed. "The curse killed both Ra Amun and Horus II and your Mother.. Though the curse was to kill the three of you, Rehema intervened." Simon said as he shook from being so upset. Mau was also upset but she hugged Simon. Simon looked surprised. Mau was putting on a brave face but you could see the tears in the corner of her eyes. "It'll be alright.. I have to believe in my own power!" Mau said as Simon hugged her back. "That's right." He said with a smile.

Shortly Hathor, Sehkmet, Nephthys came into the room. "What's going on? Is sis feeling any—-" Hathor asked before she paused. She could see the aura around Mau just like Isis but not as much. Sehkmet and Nephthys looked at Hathor. "What's wrong, you act like you saw a ghost sis?" Sehkmet said, confused. Nephthys also could see the aura. Little more than Hathor but she could see it was at a controlled sealed rate. "So Small Lady Mau has been cursed?" Nephthys said. Both the girls looked at her shocked. "Cursed!?" Sehkmet and Hathor both said as they were shocked. Simon nodded and looked over at them. "Unfortunately Mau has the same curse as the Queen, though I'm not sure if it's the exact same curse or a new curse." Simon said to the girls. "Whatever it is, my powers are sealing it. However for how long I am not aware. From what I can see the curse is really slowly eating Mau's life stream." Isis stated. "What can we do to break the curse?" Sehkmet asked. "The Apophis curse has never been broken as far as I'm aware, it's probably possible... we will just have to figure that out and I'll keep trying." Isis replied. "I give you my thanks for your support and all the help you've provided for our family." Simon said. "No need to thank me.. they are my little nieces' anyways, I want to protect them and the Queen, my amazing step sister, my Brother loved her so much." Isis replied with a smile but her face looked lonely.