➢ C͖͎h͓̺̻a̡̟͓p̢͎͜t͙͚̦e͙̻r̡̡̙ 1̡̪̻

MY NEW PARTNER IS AN ASSASSIN AND ASSHOLE AT THE SAME
TIME

~JOHNSON~

"AGENT Y/N, I GOT A NEW MISSION FOR YOU." I heard her say while a smirk had formed on her lips.
To be honest, I wanted to turn around and quickly sprint out of the room, but I couldn't.
I couldn't just run away from my boss even tho she had decided to give me a new mission right after I had just finished my previous one.

"Good evening or night to you too." I said after I had put my gun away.

"You may be asking yourself why I'm bursting into your office at such a late hour." Ms. Dennis continued without minding my comment.

"I indeed am." I mumbled

"It's because the matter is urgent."
Oh well. No shit Sherlock?
I thought as soon as she had said but I didn't say anything.
"Your mission today went on pretty smoothly didn't it?" She asked.

"You could say that." I mumbled while staring at her.
She was pretty, she looked sort of wise but she also looked cold and emotionless. As if she'd kill you without a second thought.

Like me. Or at least like the person I pretended to be even tho somewhere inside of me I knew that I wasn't like that.
Or that I used to be different.

"I suppose that you've heard of the Shadow Atlas?" She then asked after a few seconds of silence.

"I have."

"Well, then I suppose that you know why I need my best agent's help.
He has been terrorizing the city for months, and yet we still haven't caught him.
We don't even know his identity by now.
We haven't given you this mission until now since we were hoping that we could solve the problem by sending agents with less experience as you into the field but it failed.
We lost three agents because we underestimated the situation and the opponent.But now we need to finally catch him even if that means that we'll have to send you, our best agent in." She said before breaking the eye contact that we've been holding for such a long time, and suddenly developing a huge interest in her nails.

"But how am I supposed to find and arrest someone who's identity isn't even known?"
I asked while my disapproval with the mission was clearly audible in my voice.

"And that's how todays mission truly helped us. It never was about freeing the hostage or stopping the deal, it was about getting the information that we need.
The three assassins that you arrested have been questioned and they sang like little birds. There's a dance for the higher class of London in Paris, in two days which is kind of ironic if you ask me. Apparently one of the closest parent need of the shadow atlas is one of the politicians there.
We need you to get information from him, no matter how.
It can be by violence or even by seduction, just be as inconspicuous as possible.
We need you to re-open team elite and you'll be working with another team, team immortal.
They've agreed to help but I'll give you the file with all the agents, assassins and teams that'll be active in this case and the file with the exact details of your mission tomorrow."

"I understand your point and that you want to finally eliminate the danger but what if I decline the mission? What if I choose not to risk my life for the first time in my life?" I interrupted but as soon as those words had left my lips, she looked up from her nails and straight into my eyes.