➢ E̟͙͖p̢͎͜i̦͍͕l̻͔͚o̙̦͉g͇̪̙u̼͍̙e͙̻

THE EVER AFTER

FOR Y/N, NOTHING WOULD EVER COMPARE TO THE RELIEF THAT SHE FELT when she found out that both, Timothée and Jason had survived.
She would always remember the fear that she felt when she woke up in a hospital bed herself, uncertain whether they were alive or not. That day she practically ran out of her room only to be stopped by a nurse who asked her to rest because she had a concussion. She had pushed past the nurse and searched for both of the men until she finally found them.

Timothée would never forget the moment that he saw her, the woman he loved more than his own life, a weight being lifted off his shoulders because she had survived. She had hugged him tightly, almost crushing his ribs until he reminded her that he literally had been shot.
She had apologized over and over again while he was laughing softly before he pulled her into a kiss, finally shutting up her rambling.

They had both waited for Jason to wake up because he had been injured more severely than both of them. Timothée had also been worried for Y/n's health because he had noticed the bandage wrapping her head, which she laughed off.

But they couldn't help but worry about Jason even weeks after the injuries. His recovery had been slow and he'd lost his job. He had also been struggling with his mental health, being diagnosed with depression and PTSD. His recovery would be taking a long time, which everyone found unfair because he had just loved someone involved in the whole situation, and he'd lost the someone too.

༺༒༻

-FOUR YEARS LATER-

"Y/N!" The young woman was interrupted from looking at flower bouquets, at the weekly market she'd always visit, to bring to her best friend's grave.

"Tim." She mumbled and softly smiled as the tall, curly haired man hugged her from behind.

"Guess who I ran into." He chuckled as he planted a soft kiss onto her neck.

"Hm, I don't know." She said and shrugged as she ruffled her hand through his hair.

"I ran into Louis, Daniel, William and James!" He cheered as the four men came into view while the woman was still laughing at Timothée's childishness.

"Hello!" She called out and waved at them.

"Mrs. Chalamet!" Daniel called out, his tone just as childish as her husband's as he ran up to her and hugged her, forcing her husband to stop hugging her from behind.
"I still can't believe you two married!" He almost yelled as he broke the hug and pulled her hand close to take a close look at the engagement-and wedding-ring.
"I see, you spent some money, dude!" He said to Timothée and slightly jabbed his side with his elbow.

"Yup, everything for my love." Timothée said and took his wife's other hand to place a gentle kiss on her knuckles.

"You two are so in love, it's disgusting." Daniel said and gagged with fake disgust, causing everyone to chuckle.

"Don't complain, only because you're single." Timothée shot back and put his hand on his wife's back affectionately.

"Maybe I'm not." Daniel said and shrugged, making Y/n's eyes widen in confusion.

"Wait who," She started but was interrupted.

"Mom, Dad!" A young girl called out as she ran towards the small group of people while smiling. The four year old girl ran to Timothée, who gently picked her up and twisted her around, making her fly in the air with her arms outstretched while she giggled in joy.
Y/n watched her husband and her daughter, a glimmer in her eyes while she felt so much love towards the two most important people in her life.
She would never put their life at risk and she wouldn't put her own at risk either since she wouldn't let her daughter grow up without a mother. That's why the woman had given up her job as an agent.
Well, not exactly. After Lorian Dennis had been arrested and sentenced to a lifetime in prison, just like her parents, Y/n had taken the responsibility over the agency. The secret service of London was now closely working with Interpol, only that she wasn't active on the field anymore.
Timothée himself wasn't working as an assassin anymore and had decided to start an acting career, his movie "little women" soon getting released.

"Mom." Her daughter said and Y/n kneeled with outstretched arms to give her daughter a big hug, which the girl gladly accepted.

"Did you play nicely with your friends, Via?" She said and gave her daughter a warm and loving smile.

"Yes, Mom." The brown haired girl said and nodded before hugging Louis too.
"Hello, Uncle Louis." She chuckled as she ruffled his hair, making everybody laugh.
Yes, Louis was Via's uncle. After Jason's injuries he'd recovered but still had some consequential damage and he didn't feel ready to take care of a child by himself. Y/n and Timothée gave him financial and emotional support while he recovered and they adopted his and Olivia's child.
Y/n and Tim had named her Via, in honor of her mother and she knew the meaning that her name had for everyone so she wore it proudly.

As Y/n and Timothée watched Via say hello to everyone, he put his arm around her waist lovingly.
"Our little family." He whispered, only loud enough for her to hear.

"Our little family," She repeated as she looked him in the eyes affectionately.
Maybe they had been opposites, maybe they still were but in their case, opposites truly did attract. They may have started off with hatred ruling their relationship but even that hate had turned into love, and believe me when I say that Y/n Chalamet wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
"I love you, Mr. Chalamet." She mumbled and traced his cheek with her thumb.

"I love you, Chérie." He whispered back and dipped down until their lips collided in a sweet, intoxicating kiss.
"And I always will."

——————
Word count: 1k words