➢ C͖͎h͓̺̻a̡̟͓p̢͎͜t͙͚̦e͙̻r̡̡̙ 24

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

~JOHNSON~

I WAS MAD. We were on Olivia's funeral and the one person, that Olivia wouldn't have wanted to come, arrived.
I watched Lorian Dennis take a seat in the very back of the church while I was still standing on the stage, quite flabbergasted.

"Thank you." I awkwardly spoke into the microphone before I rushed off the stage and sat back down on my seat, Timothée looking at me with worry in his eyes. He slowly took my hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

„What's wrong?" he uttered, still looking at me.

„Lorian Dennis, alias your make out partner, is here." I mumbled and glared at him.

„Chérie, the only one I would want to make out with is you." he whispered into my ear and winked, making me roll my eyes in fake distaste.

„That's not the problem, she didn't come here to see Olivia get buried, I just know that. She wants something and she's not going to stop until she gets it." I answered, my expression darkening.

„Are you sure that's the reason why she's here?" he asked and furrowed his brows.
"Maybe she just wants another make out session?"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I hissed and hit him on the arm.
"This is serious!"

"Okay okay! Understood, sir." He chuckled, making me glare at him even more.

"Such an asshole." I mumbled to myself but I couldn't help smile at his dumb jokes, because even after all, I was in love with him.

༺༒༻

I WATCHED as Louis, Olivia's father, her cousins and Timothée carried her coffin outside. It was beautiful, it was plaited from wood and decorated with beautiful colorful flowers. It looked the way I would've imagined their personality as a coffin, because they enjoyed life so much.
As I watched them step down the steps of the church, careful not to drop the coffin, one though crossed my mind in such a stubborn manner that I couldn't get rid of it.
It should've been me. I had nothing to live for, not a single reason but they had a husband and a daughter, an a few days old daughter.

It made me want to scream, to punch someone. I just wanted to let my anger on the world out somehow.
If I'm honest, this could've been my villain origin story, if it wasn't for Timothée Chalamet, because he was the only one I had left now. The only one left that actually cared.

I watched them carry the coffin further, until they reached the hole that had been dogged for it. They slowly let it touch the ground of the hole but I could only look at the marble tombstone. Their name was engraved inside and the gold lettering looked stunning.

Olivia Jones

♱ 23 years old ♱
Beloved mother and wife

Gone but never forgotten

I must admit, I was at the brink of tears again. One part of me knew that it was okay to cry, I mean for gods sake, my best friend had just died and I was standing at their tombstone, watching as their coffin got heaved into their grave.
I had always imagined that one day Olivia would be standing at my grave, their face aged but still beautiful, as they held the hands of two kids.
My brain had never really understood that there was the possibility of me actually outliving my best friend.
I had always though just because they had a reason to live and actually deserved to live, that they'd just magically beat death if it really came down to it.
While standing there, I suppose I realized how dumb I had been. We were agents. Death was a risk we had taken.
But I knew that I should've stopped her.

"It isn't your fault." A voice said, causing my head to quickly turn to where I believed that I heard the voice.
"It was a risk and they took it."

"They wanted to take a break after they gave birth but they had to betray us to save their husband, only because you failed to protect their family. It was a part of the contract that we all signed. You promised to look out for our loved ones." I answered sharply.

"Agent Johnson, I understand that you're hurt but-" Ms. Dennis started but I cut her off.

"No. They were killed by my parents! I am beyond hurt." I hissed, as I watched something glisten in her eyes, something that couldn't be good.

"I know." She just answered and looked at me, no hint of emotion visible.
What did she mean by that? How did she even know? Who had told her?
Did she know who the Shadow Atlas was all along?
"They are alive, Agent Johnson. They were rescued from the burning building."

Oh.
Oh.

"So why are you here then?" I asked, showing no emotion to the news she'd just announced.
I knew that she wasn't here for Olivia's funeral.

"I need you to do a little something for me." Ms. Dennis said, a mischievous smirk on her lips.

"No." I simply stated and crossed my arms in protest.
"I took a month of vacation, which I never have done in all the years that I've worked for you."

"I know, but I really need you to help me." She insisted, her voice sounding kind of more urgent.

"What if I say insist on 'no' as an answer?" I asked and raised my eyebrows in question as I kept my arms crossed in front of my chest.

"Well, how do I phrase is the best?" She asked and put her pointer finger to her lip as she thought about a correct phrasing even though I was quite sure that she knew exactly what she meant to say.
"You'll lose your job and who knows? Maybe someone anonymously drops a hint that you've been working with the Shadow Atlas all along." She finished and smiled sickly.

"Fine." I coldly spoke and looked her directly into the eyes.
"But after this I'll have my paid vacation and if I want to quit, I will have your permission to."

"Okay." She chuckled and nodded slightly.

"What do I have to do?" I sighed and looked at my clock. Almost everyone had already left to drive to the restaurant we all were eating at, only Olivia's family and Timothée were left.

"So, I'm not sure who I can trust in the agency. Team immortal, now free of any charges, wants to work there and I don't know if I can really count on them." She started and I knew where it was going.

"Okay, I'll find out who in the agency might be a traitor." I summed up and tapped my show onto the floor impatiently.

"Right, but I'll need to know if I can trust you. I know, you're my best agent but maybe your loyalties..changed." She said and her gaze shifted to Timothée, who was talking to Louis.

"What do I do to prove my loyalty?" I asked and sighed. I was expecting for her to ask me to catch some assassins or other criminals but I would've never guessed what she was about to say, and when she did it hit me like a car at full speed.

"I need you to kill Timothée Chalamet."

——————
Word count: 1.2k words

Da beef🤌🥩
I also didn't have much time to write lately 'cause school has been driving me mad 🫡 sorry if this isn't that sMeGgSy
(Let's forget I ever said this)