➢ C͖͎h͓̺̻a̡̟͓p̢͎͜t͙͚̦e͙̻r̡̡̙ 21

MORT

~JOHNSON~

JUST LIKE THAT, MY WORLD BROKE APART. Everything I thought I knew, gone. Every speak of effort that I put into recovering from my parents deaths, gone. All the sanity that was left in me, gone. I couldn't describe how I was feeling, but it was a lot at once. I felt anger, pain, confusion, despair but two things I didn't feel were happiness or relief. If they truly were alive, they had left me behind. They had left a ten year old kid behind without looking back once. Maybe some part of me always knew that they could've been alive but it still felt as if I was seeing some kind of ghosts or maybe I really was going insane.

„Who are you?" I whispered, my voice shaky as I was trying to free myself from the binds with all the strength I had left. The betrayal of Olivia had already been enough for one day, now my thought dead parents appear?

„Y/n, darling." The woman, apparently my mother spoke softly.
„We're your parents."

„No." I mumbled.
„That can't be." I continued and looked at Timothée, who's eyes were wide. I could see the fear in them.
„It's going to be fine." I mouthed, and gave him a small smile, trying to hide my own misery.

„It really is us." the man now spoke up, his face still expression-less as his gaze landed on Timothée.

„My parents are dead." I said and gulped, my voice bitter.
„So who are you, and what do you want to reach by saying that you're my parents?" I hissed, my anger now clearly visible.

„There's a lot to explain, but we should talk alone." The man said, his gaze still stuck on Timothée.

„No." I just said, my voice stern as I lifted my chin slightly.
„He's my partner and everything in this matter concerns him too." I continued as I stared at them coldly.

„If that's your wish." The woman sighed and pulled a chair towards her and sat on it, her posture as straight and elegant as I remembered it from years ago.
„So, as you might remember, we died in a car crash but it wasn't true, as you might be able to tell. We had a mission, but we failed." she continued, her voice bitter.
„We are assassins, honey, and I'm sorry we didn't tell you."

„I knew." I spat,my anger now turning into tears, but I swore to myself, I wouldn't cry in front of them.
„I knew fourteen years ago and I still know today." I whispered and watched something in my mothers eyes change.

„Now, that changes a lot." she mumbled, something in her voice different.
„Well, we failed and we had debts with the mafia, so we decided to disappear from the scene for a bit by faking our death."

„Fourteen years!" I yelled, my voice still shaky.
„I had to grow up by myself in some orphanage while you were out there all along." I continued, my voice getting quieter.
„I've spent my life trying to fix your mistakes, trying to catch assassins to make up for the people you've killed and now you're telling me you are the Shadow Atlas? You want to blow up London?"

„You're right, we've killed a lot of people and we know that, but killing changes people, Y/n. You can't kill without slowly killing yourself." she whispered, her gaze falling to the floor.
„Yes, we want to blow up London, Darling. But it's necessary. You've seen all the thieves and assassins walking around in London, it's contaminated."