2 - Mackenzie

natalie

"Fuckkk," I grabbed my head and groaned as I stood up. I have absolutely no idea what we did last night. I remember coming over to Cassie's house. I remember Brooks coming in with 'good' weed. London broke my drum sticks. But that's it. That is it.

"Good morning sleepy head," Alexander Jewel smirked at me from the kitchen.

Cassie lives with her older brother in a 5 bedroom house down the street from the mall. I love it honestly. She basically has her own space because he's always away on business. We use their garage as our practice space and they have a finished basement so we can have the best parties ever.

I smiled at my friends in the kitchen. They're making french toast. The tradition we have on the first day of school.

I feel weird leaving Mackenzie alone on the first night in a new place but she's not like my problem. She's her own person.

"God what did we do last night?" I leaned on London in the doorway.

"Jeez I don't even know." Cassie shook her head and took a hit of the bong Alexander left on the counter.

"It's 7 am." Kay came up the stairs from the basement with Brooks right behind her.

"Don't judge me for doing drugs when I know you guys were just doing them down there." Cass looked at them.

"Actually we were-"

Kay cut Brooks off, "I was just telling you the time. We have to get going for school."

We go to the school. Everyone wants to go there. It's well funded, has the best sports teams, academics, and band. It's like a private public school. It's crazy hard to get into. You have to live in the district.

Cass lives right on the edge.

"We have time Kayla." I looked at her then down at the clothes I was wearing from yesterday, "I am gonna hit the shower." I glanced up at Cass, "Can I borrow those jeans you thrifted last week?"

"The Levi's I got from Tip Top?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah."

"If I can borrow your brown Carhartt slacks."

"Deal." I pat London on the back and went down the hall into Cassie's room.

Here's the thing, I love my friends with my whole heart. But Cassie has been my number one since kindergarten. I was there for her when her parents left. She was there for me when my Kidd told my whole family he hated us. We are the best best friends in the history of best friends. The brunette and blonde duo. Blair and Serena. Elena and Caroline. Veronica and Betty. And we're hot so that's such a plus.

I went into her massive closet and found the exact jeans I was looking for.

I was there when she found them. Total deal. We got them for 6 bucks and they're in mint condition.

The owners son was working that day and he so likes Cass so that's probably why we got such a deal.

Cass is a lesbian by the way.

Which I support. She's my best friend so I'll love her no matter what.

I knocked on the bathroom door.

"Coming out." The bathroom door swung open.

"Jeez Jay," I moved out of the tall man's way, "Didn't even realize you were here."

"Only here for a few days." He ruffled my already messy hair, "Hot water is gone." He eyed me then looked down the hall, "When did my place become a trap house?"