23 - I FUCKING KNEW IT!

natalie

Jackson stayed at our house until Tuesday. He finally told Alexander what happened and he asked his mom if Jackson could stay there.

I have made no real attempt to talk to Mac. But she hasn't tried either.

Now it's Friday. The friend group is in shambles. And I miss my bed buddy.

"There you are!" Elliot grabbed my arm, pulling me to the back door.

"What are you doing? It's a three day weekend and coach gave us Friday off." I looked at her as if she's forgotten the schedule for this weekend.

Which I know she hasn't because she's Elliot.

I saw Maddie dragging Mackenzie in the same direction. "Hell no."

"Suck it up. We planned on knocking you unconscious but I talked her out of it."

"What are you-" I was cut off by Maddie shoving me into the family bathroom with Mackenzie.

"Can you two please just suck it the fuck up? Mackenzie had a boyfriend. Natalie hugged Jackson in the breakfast nook. Move the fuck on so we can get back to normal."

She closed the door.

I slumped on the chair across from her.

This bathroom is nice at least. It gets cleaned everyday. And it's locked after 5 pm unless there's a game. Kids used to skip in here so you have to have permission to even be on the field or you'll get caught.

"Do you want to-"
"I feel like-"

I looked at her, "Sorry. You go."

"I feel like I could have told you about Will. But there are so many things in my past that I am still trying to run from. People I'm so desperately trying to forget."

"I get that now." I nodded, fixing my posture, "I am sorry for overreacting." I looked at her, "Why did Maddie say that thing about me hugging Jackson?"

"Because I got jealous. Abel made me get jealous because he doesn't know either of you the way I do." She shook her head, smiling. "We've been ignoring each other for a week for no reason."

"I'm afraid of confrontation." I stood up, "We need to talk more when we get back later."

"Everyone is going to Alex's house to figure out what we're doing for Halloween next weekend."

"Do you want to get coffee before we go? We really really need to talk." I stood, brushing off my pants.

She nodded, not saying anything.

"What's wrong?" I looked at her with wide eyes. Thinking maybe I sat in something or I have something smeared on my face.

"I've missed you is all."

I smiled at her, "I've missed you too."

She stepped closer, "I missed waking up next to you."

My cheeks burned.

She step another step closer, "I've especially missed this." She put her hand on the side of my face and leaned in, brushing her lips over my own.

Soft. Gentle.

I kissed her back with the same affection.

<><><><>

The day went by quickly after that. My shitty week turned into amazing. We got coffee but didn't actually talk about anything important. Just what we've been up to.

I told her how much I missed her. Because boy did I miss her. Jackson was fun to have around those first few days. Then he used my toothbrush. Things went south from there.

Now we're sitting in Alexander's basement. Talking about what to wear for halloween.

"I was thinking about doing a partner costume with Alex. Batman and Robin as fuck." Jackson looked at his best friend.

"I don't hate that idea J." He high fived the boy like it was the best idea he'd every had.

That's when it hit me they weren't sober.

"Are we smoking?" I looked in between them.

Alex sighed and went into his room. Returning with a bong and a few joints already rolled.

Everyone smoked a bit. Except Mac and I. Even though I'm the one that asked if that's what they were doing. I didn't want to. Not when I've had this thing on my mind all day.

"It's cold Nat."

I grabbed her hands, "I have an idea for our date."

Her smile widened, "Finally."

"So your favorite Taylor Swift song is The Best Day?"

"Yes- How did you know that?" Her expression was a smile mixed with confusion.

"Shh." I grabbed the ticket out of my pocket, "What do you say we have the best day at the Taylor Swift concert this week?"

"You are giving me no time to prepare!" She grabbed my shoulders, "This is the Era's Tour Natalie."

"It is and I realize that's like no time at all. But my favorite Taylor Swift song is The Story Of Us and I think the story of us seeing Taylor Swift together would be pretty fun to tell everyone."

"You're so cheesy. I would love to go to the concert with you, Natalie Rose." She wrapped her arms around my neck, "Please tell me I can kiss you."

"You can kiss me." I nodded.

Her soft, warm lips met my own.

It was a slow and long kiss.

I pulled her closer, never wanting to let go.

"I FUCKING KNEW IT!" Jack was jumping up and down, "I knew it." He pointed at us, "Ever since that party. I knew it."

"Shut up Jackson." I glared at him.

"No I knew that you two were gonna fuck. When did it happen?"

My cheeks flamed. "Can you not?"

"Right, sorry." He threw his hands up, "But we all know. Just so you two know."

Mackenzie tried to keep in her laugh, "Is it that obvious?"

"Very obvious." London peaked her head around the corner, "Cass and I were just fake shocked when you told us."

"You told Cass and London?" Mackenzie turned to me.

"You told them but not me?" Brooks crossed his arms over his chest.

"You two are a thing?" Sam stood up off the small couch, "Jeez I am so out of it."