000

3 months earlier

3 months earlier

"Riley! Kiara! We're home!"

Riley fluttered her eyes open as the sound of her mother's voice filled the silent house, echoing up the grand staircase and into her bedroom. Her head pounded with the reminder of the tequila she had taken shot after shot of the previous night. The sun that shined through her windows and reflected off her white walls caused an even greater shooting pain in her head, but as she tried to roll over and hide her face into her pillow she realized that her movements were restricted.

"Holy fuck," she muttered, shooting up from her bed. The boy next to her groaned, rubbing at his eyes that, once opened, stared at her in complete shock. He mimicked her actions, practically leaping out of the bed, removing his arm that had been resting comfortably around her waist.

"Shit," he groaned. Riley scanned her eyes over the boy, her bed, and the room before rushing to her feet and searching the floor for her clothes. She slipped on small shorts and a tank top, mumbling curse words under her breath while avoiding his stare.

"You-I-shit," the girl sputtered, barely able to understand what was happening... what had happened. She glanced up at him, watching as he stumbled over himself attempting to dress quickly. "How did we..." She talked quickly, sputtering out words that didn't string together to form a fully finished thought. "Why did we....." She ran her hands through her hair. "Oh my god," she mumbled, breathlessly.

The two, once fully clothed, stood at opposite sides of the bed, staring at one another wordlessly.

"Um... where do you-" the boy began to ask.

"Window, out the window," Riley rushed to say, cutting him off.

"Out the window?" He asked, shocked. "You want me to go out the-"

"Window. Now." She pointed at the large window across her room, behind the boy. Luckily, it led onto a fairly large balcony that unluckily hung on the house's second story, at least 10 feet from the ground. He merely shrugged, obeying her request and moving towards the window. Sliding the glass up and peering outside he looked down and then back at her with an expression of utter shock.

"Listen, it's either you shimmy down the side of my house and possibly die, or let my parents catch you in here and definitely die."

"Alright then." He swung his body through the window and onto the balcony, then off the balcony and onto the house siding, his feet standing on barely an inch of a platform that protruded from a window below.

"Wait," she called to him before he began to crawl down. He glanced up, squinting his eyes from the sun that beat down on them. "You can't tell her." He simply nodded, understanding who she meant without having to ask for clarification.

"Actually just-" Riley sighed, "just please don't tell anyone." He chuckled at that, shaking his head at not just her words but at the entire situation, at this terrible situation he had gotten himself into.

"I'm serious, JJ."

"Yes mam," he said with a sarcastic grin, offering her a little wink. Riley rolled her eyes and closed her window, climbing back into bed just before her mother entered the room.

"Hi sweetie, do you know where your sister is?"