007

Riley walked into Topper's house, the living room littered with red solo cups, beer cans, and drunk teenagers

Riley walked into Topper's house, the living room littered with red solo cups, beer cans, and drunk teenagers. Music blared from speakers in every direction and the sound of chatter, screaming, and laughter consumed Riley's mind. She didn't hear Topper calling out her name until the third time he'd said it.

"Riley!"

Her eye's scanned over the living room until she spotted the blonde. A bright smile on his face and an arm slung around his girlfriend's waist, he held up his beer bottle with his free hand as a greeting.

"Hey T," Riley greeted him warmly as she walked over and squeezed the boy on the arm.

"You want some of this?" the tall brunette next to Topper pushed a red solo cup in her face, which she rejected by putting a hand up.

Rafe Cameron was one of Topper's best friends and incidentally Sarah's brother. Riley enjoyed him in moderation, usually when she was drunk and needed someone she could poke fun of. He was good at being the butt of a joke. She didn't think he appreciated this trait that much.

"Hey Riley, wanna do a shot with us?" Kelce called out from across the kitchen.

"If you insist," the girl teased, smiling as she walked towards them, not before telling Sarah she would see her in a bit. They had made arrangements earlier that Riley could sleep over at the Cameron's that night.

Riley followed Kelce toward the large marble counter in the middle of the kitchen. She scanned her eyes over the many bottles in front of her before deciding on vodka for her first round. Knowing Sarah would give her a ride, she decided she would get drunk tonight. She didn't get the opportunity that often and she felt she deserved it, after the chaos that had occurred the past couple of days.

"Hell yeah!" Kelce cheered as she threw back her third shot. Deciding it was time for a break, although plenty of people were chanting for a fourth, she left the group and wandered outside to sit by the pool.

She was only sitting on the pool's edge, her feet kicking through the water, for mere minutes before screams filled the air. Riley let her gaze follow the voice until her eyes laid upon Sarah and Topper, looking down upon the pool and all of its inhabitants from the comfort, or uncomfort really, of the roof. They were both stripped down to their bathing suits and laughing uncontrollably.

"Am I already that drunk or are Sarah and Top about to jump off the roof?" Riley mumbled mostly to herself but incidentally to Rafe Cameron who had chosen to join her in by the pool in that moment.

"Nope, they are in fact about to do that," Rafe said, letting out a curt laugh. She turned her head to face him. Although she hadn't consumed that much liquor yet, she began to giggle to herself at just the sight of him.

"Something funny?" he said, gently nudging Riley in the side with his elbow.

"How does it feel reliving your high school years Rafe?" she asked the boy, a smile playing on her lips. "You know, hanging out with a bunch of 16-year-olds at the golden age of 19."

Rafe kicked his foot up in the water to splash the girl's legs. "Well what would the party be without me?" he grinned. Riley pretended to think deeply as she furrowed her brows and tapped a finger on her chin.

"A safer place," she finally said. Rafe dug a finger into the brunette's side making her squeal and squirm away from him.

Just then another ear-piercing scream echoed from the roof and Riley looked up to find Sarah in Topper's arms. Rafe and Riley quickly got up from the newly realized splash-zone. Sure enough, as they made their way to the grass, a large splash came from the pool as the two blondes landed in the water.

"I'm gonna go get a drink," Riley told the boy before walking away and back towards the kitchen.

"See you later Riles."

Riley found Topper rubbing a towel over his head, laughing at Sarah who was teasingly yelling at him for jumping.

"Hey T, do you have any tequila?" she asked.

"Tequila?" Topper looked at her bewildered. "Are you, like, trying to blackout tonight?" He asked with mocking amusement, a chuckle escaping his mouth.

"Something like that," the girl mumbled, although she didn't think he had heard her.

"I think there's some in the cabinet to the right of the dishwasher," Topper told her. She offered him a sweet smile and another squeeze on the arm before turning on her heel to head toward the kitchen.

"Hey," Topper called after the brunette, "drink responsibly." He gave her a pointed look but couldn't hold a serious face long enough for her not to catch the smile that broke out onto his lips.

And so responsibly she did not. Within a couple of hours, the girl was drunk out of her mind. She carelessly decided not to pour the liquor into shot glasses but instead connect her lips with the mouth of the bottle.

"Shit," the girl mumbled to herself as she watched Sarah quickly run out the door. There goes her ride. Sarah looked distressed but Riley didn't think she was physically able to go and run after her friend at the moment.

The brunette looked around, quite aware that the only people who were left in the house were either completely wasted or creepy horny boys that she did not want to get in a car with. She didn't even feel comfortable asking Topper to spend the night, looking around at the crowd she knew was inevitably going to crash there as well.

"Shit," the girl mumbled again, unsure of what she should do. She bit her lip before pulling out her phone. Barely able to read the screen due to her disfigured vision, she wearily scrolled through her contacts before finding the number and pressing the call button.

After about five rings the person on the other end finally picked up.

"What do you want?" the girl on the line snapped.

"Kiara," Riley slurred, "I need you to come pick me up."