004

Kiara woke up in a blind rage and she knew there was only one person she would be able to release her anger at

Kiara woke up in a blind rage and she knew there was only one person she would be able to release her anger at. Making her way to the chateau, she felt as if her blood was quite literally boiling, her face felt red hot. She couldn't even think straight, never mind think about what she was going to say when she saw him.

She rounded the corner of the house and her three best friends came into view, all sitting around most likely concocting some idiotic plan for the day. "Well look who it is!" John B smiled at the girl but she didn't even glance over at him, her eyes set on the blonde.

"Yo Kie-" JJ began but was abruptly cut off by her palm colliding with his cheek. His hand reflexively rose to touch his now burning flesh.

"Woah," Pope called out, immediately standing up from his seat behind the two.

"Jesus Kie. What the hell was that for?" the blonde groaned in pain.

"You slept with my sister?!" Kiara screamed, her voice nearly shaking as her anger overtook her senses. JJ's eyes went wide and he immediately straightened up under the girl's stare.

"Wh-what? Where did you hear that from?" JJ said skeptically, acting as if she had no clue what she was talking about.

"I can't believe you!" Kiara screamed. "Her? Her of all people?!"

"Hey now, let's slow down," JJ said, taking a shaky breath and then forcing out a chuckle. "You obviously heard someone wrong, I mean come on. Why would I-"

He was interrupted yet again as Kiara's palm slapped the already red and irritated skin on his cheek.

"Okay! Okay!" Pope said, grabbing Kiara by the arm and pulling her back from JJ before any more harm could be done. John B and Pope just looked between their two friends, unsure of what to do.

"Let's all just take a deep breath," John B said. "Kie, he's right, obviously you just heard a rumor or something-"

"I heard it from Riley," she muttered behind gritted teeth, not breaking her cold stare from JJ who couldn't even look her in the eyes at this point.

"Oh shit," John B quickly mumbled under his breath, taking a step back from the two. He moved his gaze to JJ who now had his eyes screwed shut, his head thrown back, and was biting on the inside of his cheek. There was a moment where nobody knew what to say or do, they all just looked between each other, John B and Pope staring at each other in complete cluelessness.

"Bro you slept with Riley?" Pope finally whispered, breaking the silence.

"Dude that's fucked-" John B began.

"Listen, guys, I-"

"Shut up!" Kiara yelled, ceasing the banter between the boys.

"Alright listen," JJ muttered, "I can explain."

"Explain?!" Kiara said, completely bewildered at her friend's statement. "Explain why you fucked my sister? The definition of Kook princess." She let out a scoff. "Like, need I remind you she's one of them? Literally embodies everything we hate!"

"Enough!" John B yelled, halting Kiara's rant. "Pope take her somewhere, calm her down. I'll take JJ and then when we come back we'll have a nice civil discussion about this." He smiled proudly at the group but received no warm acceptance of his plan in return.

"Civil discussion my ass," Kiara muttered before turning on her heel and quickly walking away from the boys. The grin immediately dropped from John B's face as he turned to Pope who shared the same lost expression.

"Pope do something," John B whispered in a panic.

"I- what do you want me to do?"

"Go after her!" the boy exclaimed. Pope let out a loud sigh and took off to catch up with Kiara who had almost made it to the car. They watched as he got a hold of her arm which she immediately shook off, threw her arms up, and began to yell again, her face stricken with rage.

"Dude," John B turned to his best friend, letting out a chuckle.

"I fucked up," JJ said, putting his head into his hands.

"Yeah, ya did," John B shook his head, putting a hand on the blonde's shoulders, guiding him towards the dock to talk.

"Alright, perfect," John B said, sitting down with the rest of the crew that had now gathered inside the living room. "Civil discussion time."

"Since when did Pogue's ever do anything civil?" Pope asked with a laugh.

"Since Pogue's decided it was okay to sleep with their best friend's evil sisters!" Kiara yelled.

"Nope," JJ said, standing up and beginning to pace the room. "See this," the boy pointed at the raging girl, "this is my worst nightmare."

"Yeah, well you should've thought of that before-"

"STOP!" Pope suddenly stood up from his seat. His sudden outburst caused the entire group to grow silent and turn their attention toward him. He cleared his throat before sitting back down, folding his hands in his lap.

"We have more important things to worry about than JJ's sex life so can we please just get this argument over with and move on?" Pope looked between JJ and Kiara who avoided catching one another's eye.

"Easy for you to say," Kie grumbled, crossing her arms as she slouched in her seat.

"Kiara, I'm sorry," JJ began, "I never wanted you to find out-"

"Yeah see that's the problem, you kept this from me! When did it even happen?!" the girl exclaimed.

"It uh.." the blonde faltered, having to think for a moment. "Uh.. three months ago."

"Three mo-" Kiara began but couldn't complete her statement out of utter shock. "Three months ago?!"

"Listen it was a mistake."

"Right," Kie brushed him off.

"We were drunk," JJ continued.

"Yeah, thank you, 'cause that just makes me feel so much better about the situation," she said.

"Kie," the blonde whined.

"If he said he was sorry and that it was a mistake, why don't you just cut him some slack?" John B questioned the girl.

"You guys don't even know what it's like to live with her!" Kiara groaned. "I mean she's gonna like, be able to use this against me for the rest of my life." Kiara stood up and paced the room before facing the window, putting her face into her hand. "Like can you imagine how I felt when I told her that we would never want anything to do with her and then she told me that?"

"Kie, I'm sorry, alright," JJ said. "It was seriously just a mistake."

"Like now she's gonna think she can be a Pogue and be on the hierarchy bullshit for like forever," Kiara said. "You know how Kooks are! They find one weakness and use it against you for life!"

"Kie, you just said it yourself, your sister is a Kook through and through." John B and Pope nodded at each other. "And she hates us. She's not going to think she can be, or god, want to be one of us like... ever."

"I can assure you she wants nothing to do with me now," JJ muttered.

Kiara threw her head back and walked over to flop onto the couch again. She chewed on her lip and played with the bracelets in her hand, thinking about how utterly disgusting it was that her twin sister and best friend had sex.

"Kie?" John B said, bringing the girl out of her thoughts.

"Ugh whatever," she groaned. "Let's just forget about it and like... never talk about it again, please?"

"Fine with me," JJ quickly agreed.

"Alright, well John B," Pope began, "what's the plan?"

John B smiled, twisting his face into the one he always did when he had concocted a (most likely stupid) plan. "I think we're gonna need some scuba gear."