7.

1 year later

When Yeji exited the backdoor of the theater, she was surprised to find a familiar raven-haired leaning against the concrete wall with a cigarette dangling from her lips and talking to herself, probably speaking to someone on the line, through the wireless earbuds she had in her ears. She smiled at the security guard standing there and walked to her girlfriend, who smiled at her sight and made sure to end whichever conversation she had been engaged in, to give her all the attention she needed.

"Miss Hwang." Ryujin threw the cigarette away and tugged her by the hand, to pull the brunette in a short hug.

"Coast is clear, you know?" Yeji tilted her head and lowered her mouth against hers, to kiss her for the first time that day. Their schedules were messed up now that the raven-haired was working in the city and she was back on Broadway, full time.

"I don't want to cause you any trouble with your manager." Ryujin's hands cupped her cheeks, stroking her skin with her thumbs. "How was your rehearsal?"

"Good, we are ready for the opening night, tomorrow." Yeji burrowed herself closer and kissed her one more time, sighing happily when the raven-haired's arms locked around her back, almost protectively.

"Cab or you've got your driver?" Ryujin nuzzled her nose gently and then moved her lips to her forehead and hairline.

"Cab is fine." Yeji nodded against her shoulder and watched the raven-haired search for a ride, from her peripheral view. "Is your roommate home?" She nuzzled her shoulder and slipped her hand under her open leather jacket, rubbing her palm up and down her side.

"Chan? I think he's out with his boyfriend." Ryujin looked down the alley and saw a taxi car pull up. It was probably their ride.

"Can we go back at yours? I don't have to be here in the morning, so it's closer to your workplace." Yeji followed the raven-haired to the car and slipped in the backseat, with the raven-haired in tow.

"Of course, you don't have to ask." Ryujin settled beside her and gave the driver her address, before draping an arm over the backseat of the car, loosely wrapping it around Yeji's shoulders.

**

"Hey." Ryujin was nursing her first cup of coffee of the day, when she was joined by an obviously sleepy brunette, who slipped in her lap and borrowed a sip from her mug.

"Morning." Yeji sat astride her lap and dropped her head against her shoulder, yawning in the fabric of her Uni t-shirt.

"Did I wake you up?" Ryujin sat her mug down and slipped her right hand under the hem of her borrowed wife-beater, stroking the small of her back with her fingers.

"It's fine, I wanted to see you before you're off to work." She pushed the raven-haired hair back and placed soft kisses along the column of her neck, nuzzling it in the process.

"I'm sorry I haven't been much around, but this new case is really killing me." She tilted the brunette's face upwards and brushed their lips together, for a soft kiss. "I missed you, though."