18.

Waking up to the sound of her phone ringing on the nightstand meant only one thing: Ryujin or her folks were calling. She kept her phone on "do not disturb" mode at night, besides her favorite and emergency contacts.

Three months had gone since she had left to join film festivals and premieres across the European continent to promote her movie. Multiple red carpets, interviews and events had kept her busy, but not too much not to miss her fiancée back home.

"Hello?" Yeji brought her phone to her ear.

"Hey." Ryujin sounded stressed and tired on the phone. They had texted before her cast & crew dinner at the hotel restaurant and she seemed fine.

"What's wrong, baby?" Yeji sat up against the headboard.

"I think you might have to give Karina a heads-up." Ryujin released a sigh over the phone.

"What happened?" Yeji was on full alert.

"I punched a guy." Ryujin stretched her aching knuckles. "I was in a bar with Chan and this guy kept on making lewd comments about you."

"Ryujin..." Yeji leaned her head back against the pillow.

"I know, I shouldn't have done that." She leaned back against the couch. "I missed you and I drank a bit too much. I wasn't myself."

"Are you alright?" Yeji crossed her legs and looked down at her fingers.

"I am okay. I just bruised my knuckle but everything is under control." Ryujin took a look at the clock over the door of the kitchen archway. "I should let you get some more sleep. It's almost six where you are."

"It's okay, I've got the morning off." Yeji settled against the pillows. "Were you kicked out?"

"No. Chan's friend ran the club." Ryujin chuckled. "Plus, the guy was bugging girls so I did them a favor."

"Lucky." Yeji chuckled softly.

"How long until you're here, Yeji?" Ryujin dropped her head against the couch

"2 months, baby I'll be back for the awards show." Yeji brought her knees to her chest.

"Right. I'll let you get some more rest." Ryujin nodded. "I love you"

"I love you too." Yeji heard the raven-haired hang up on the other side and she stared down at her phone. At the pic of her and Ryujin, holding each other.

**

The airport was big and crowded for the holidays. She had spent a week doing interviews and attending events in France, and she looked forward to getting on a plane and sleeping the next hours off and waking up in Seoul.

Ryujin was supposed to visit for Christmas but she had to change her schedule enough to free herself earlier and to surprise the raven-haired in Seoul.