01 ~ Bondita

A/N:- This story will have a lot of concepts that are different from the serial, and the initial setting is in Chandan Nagar, Tulsipur and Krishna Nagar. Later on, the setting will change from Chandan Nagar to Devipur.

I hope you guys love this version of Barrister Babu.

***

CHANDAN NAGAR

Bondita had an another tiring day after teaching the students an extra hard concept. She had graduated school only a year back, and the other children wanted to learn like she did.

So, Bondita's father had come up with the idea that Bondita will teach the children and the women and they have to pay a certain amount (if they could pay) after the course ends.

Bondita had many rich friends from her school, one of them was Saudamini Bhaumik. They were the only Indian girls in the school, despite the bullying they outshone their british counterparts.

These girls came together with the idea of making sanitary pads out of cloth material so that it can be a bit hygienic instead of women stuffing dirty straws in their panties to stop the blood flow. These pads are single time use, they should be thrown once used.

There was one such case where a 17 yr old girl died in the shed just before she completed her cycle. The reason? She became weak due to excessive blood flow and kept the same cloth without washing it. No one attended to her, they thought she was in pain and it was normal.

Just because that young teen re-used the cloth pad she wore, it had caused fungus to spread and by the time her body was recovered, her internal and external gentilia had started to decompose.

It was time that Saudamini had to meet Bondita in the usual spot they actually met everytime.

Although her family was quite progressive, her maternal side was equivalent to snakes. They tried to steal from the Das family anytime they got a chance to. Her maternal side consisted of her maternal aunt Deboleena, her 2nd maternal aunt Dhara, her maternal uncles Sundaram and Pandu and then her evil niece, Sampoorna.

Sampoorna was constantly jealous of Bondita, her brain was filled with hatred towards whatever she does. Even if it is for her, Sampoorna would never reciprocate the help Bondita does or be grateful to her.

Bondita, being the smart girl she is, chose her self-respect over family ties and decided to help people who truly deserve it.

Today, her best friend, Saudamini was returning from Darjeeling to meet her.

Saudamini hails from Tulsipur, her house is just opposite the Roy Choudhary Haveli. She and Anirudh are childhood friends, despite Anirudh being sent to London to complete his school and college.

*

*

*

Bondita was about to give up when the familiar voice shouted, "BON BON!"

She whipped around to see Mini had come, but she wasn't alone. Another young looking guy accompanied her.

Bondita rushed to Mini, panicked.

"Mini, you should ask him to leave. If the villagers see you with him they'll force you two to get married. And I know you don't want to get married soon."

"Bondita -"

"Please. I don't want your dreams to get spoiled. Anyways, you're safe with me. Do it."

"Okay." Saudamini stepped aside, "Rudh, you go back. Bondita will drop me at the Roy Choudhary mansion."

The man nodded and he walked away, hesitantly. Mini walked to Bondita as soon as he walked away.

She then dragged Bondita to the usual spot and they chatted about their day as usual.

Sampoorna was watching them from a distance. She was always jealous of Bondita having rich friends, she wanted to break their friendship.

So she walked towards them.

Mini noticed her and asked Bondita,    "Who is she? Don't tell me she's the one who's jealous of you."

"You're right. She's the one." Bondita nodded and confirmed.

[Note: The whole story and dialogues will be in English as there are many readers who wouldn't understand Hindi.]

Putting their best smile, Mini and Bondita waited for Sampoorna to come.

"Bondita! Come to the house right now! How many times I've asked you not to speak to upper caste people? Just because you've studied it doesn't mean that you can talk to them. Stay in your limits!" Sampoorna yelled, making villagers turn around and watch.

"You won't come, will you? Let's go!" Sampoorna grabbed Bondita by her wrist and started to drag her.

Saudamini was furious. Bondita stopped her and reassured her.

"Sampoorna, shall I tell something?"

"What is it?"

"I'm Bondita Prosenjit Das. Daughter of Prosenjit Das and grand-daughter of Kalindi Das. You aren't from the side of Das Parivaar? You should know your limits and end this act right now, otherwise-"

"Otherwise what? What will you do?"

"I will kick you and your parents out of this house. Don't think that I'm blind and I don't see anything, I see and so does these villagers. You know how many villagers have come up to me and my Dad telling us to kick you and your family out? But Dad always reminds them of your family situation and keeps you guys inside the house. I've seen you stealing stuff from me, and that will stop from today." Bondita sternly replied.

"You should thank God that your father begged Bondita's Thaku Maa to cure you. If that hadn't happened, you'd be dead by now. At least be grateful to them for what they did to you!" Mini added as she knew what happened with Sampoorna.

The villagers who were looking at the scene started to whisper amongst themselves.

Sampoorna's face changed as she heard some of the whispers. She turned to walk away, Bondita felt bad for her.

"Mini, I think we talked-"

"No Bon, don't regret that. This is what is called guilt tripping. She's acting so that you will regret speaking to her like that and you would apologise to her. That will boost her ego more." Mini explained.

"If you say so." Bondita replied still not looking convinced.

Her mother would always scold her if she talked bad to Sampoorna or her family.

"Mini, Maa is gonna have a fit if she knows what happened here."

"Don't worry. I'll deal with that. I can't believe your mother takes their side despite their wrong doings."

"That's what they say, Blood is thicker than water."

"That isn't true. My Maa used to tell that Dil ka rishta is better than khoon ka rishta. Let's go in and see what is happening."

Bondita nodded and they headed towards her home. Bondita's heart filled with dread, for some unknown reason.

***

Soooo.

That happened.

What's gonna happen next? Would Sumati scold Bondita or she'd support her?

Stay tuned for the next chapter.

Tell your guesses in the comment section.