02 ~ Confrontation

Bondita stepped into the house with Mini by her side.

"BONDITA! IS IT TRUE THAT YOU INSULTED SAMPOORNA? SERIOUSLY? AREN'T YOU ASHAMED?! SHE'S YOUR COUSIN!"

"No Maa, I didn't insult her, but I gave her a reality check. Whatever you're doing right now would increase their ego even more. You always support them, this is why they have the audacity to steal. I mean, who kills their in-laws and runs away with their money and jewels?"

"Enough Bondita!-"

"No Maa. Don't stop me. I CANNOT tolerate these people anymore. There is a limit to everything."

"Sumati. Bondita is right. Can't you see? Are you really that blind or what? These people are stealing from us, from others, yet you support them? How many times, how many neighbours of ours told me and Bondita to kick them out?"

"But-"

"No ifs and buts, Bondita's Mother. In this case, you're wrong. And you're blind as well."

"These people are our rel-"

"No Maa! IF they are our relatives, why would they keep stealing from us? Tell me?"

"I don't think so they stole from us."

"One min."

Bondita called one of the villagers to excavate that area behind the hut where a trunk was hidden as per Saudamini's inputs.

It took around 20 min to dig the spot and recover the trunk. By that time Sampoorna, Devoleena and Sundaram were in handcuffs.

Sumati was shocked when she saw the trunk.

"Need more proof, Maa?"

"Miss Bondita? Shall we arrest them?"

"Yes please. They've been given a long rope and they decided not to change."

"BAS BHI SUMATI! KYA RISHTEDAAR, RISHTEDAAR LAGA RAKHI HO! PAGAL HO KYA?"

"ENOUGH SUMATI! WHAT IS THIS RISHTEDAAR, RISHTEDAAR, HUH? ARE YOU MAD? YOU HAVE PROOF IN FRONT OF YOU AND YOU STILL KEEP DEFENDING THEM?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

This was the first time Prosenjit had lost his cool on this topic. All of them inside the house and outside the house were shocked.

Sumati begged the policemen not to take them, she saw the money hidden in them.

Before she could grab it, Bondita took it and kept it in her pocket.

"Bondita, please give that money. That'll be enough to bail them out."

"No Maa. I'm not giving that money. This is my hard earned salary which was stolen by your dearest rishtedaar. I'm sorry."

Bondita went to her room followed by Mini and then Prosenjit went to his room too. Sumati helplessly saw her brother, sister-in-law and her niece being dragged away by police.

Mama, Mami and Sampoorna were dragged away by the police.

Sumati stormed into Bondita's room in anger.

"Do one thing. Get out of this house. You are choosing your meager amount of money over your niece, uncle and aunt? Fine then. I don't want you here anymore. I'll talk to your father regarding this."

Mini replied, "How can you be this blind and also this cruel to your own daughter? What wrong did she do by choosing her salary over your brother, his wife and their daughter? If these people were falsely blamed, then she herself would've bailed them out. When your brother and his family is at fault, why would she bail them out? You precisely saw their facial expressions when the villagers dug out that trunk. What more proof do you need?"