08 ~ A Truce?

~4 weeks later~

Bondita was back to normalcy and Tupur and Chandrachur also returned back from the trip.

The trip was fruitful as a Yogi had blessed Tupur and asked her to pray to Mahadev for a baby. Thaku Maa was happy, so was Chandrachur's parents.

Chandrachur smiled, but he had something else going on his mind. The plan. He wanted to find something, but he couldn't although he wracked his brain continuously.

Soon, it was time for Mini, Batuk and Bondita to leave. Thaku Maa sent them off with an array of gifts, pickles and sweets that would be a reminder of them.

*

*

*

It took half-day for them to reach Tulsipur. Both Bhowmik and Anirudh were relieved to see the trio back home.

Bondita was still put on bed rest despite her being normal. Trilochan forbids her from doing any work. Mini goes to Chandannagar and resumes teaching that was stopped because of Bondita's accident.

She covers the remaining portions and gives them assignments and the timetable for a mock test before the final test. The rest of the day goes in solving doubts and quizzing the students.

The Sarpanch gives a hefty amount to Mini for the services she and Bondita have provided and educated the young children. The wife of the Sarpanch gives some more items as a gift from her side.

Mini accepts it on behalf of Bondita and is escorted back to the Roy Choudhary Haveli. She excitedly tells Bondita who is elated. The other members of Roy Choudhary family are also happy on the news.

Bondita takes the money and gifts and keeps it in front of the Maa Durga Idol. They offer their gratitude and continue with their work. 

Without Trilochan's knowledge, Bondita leaves for the Shiva Temple to offer her gratitude to him also. That's when she meets Tupur and is informed of the escape of 4 convicts from the jail. She returns back to the Haveli with an impending sense of doom. She just prays that everything goes well and that her loved ones be protected from any type of danger.

*

*

*

~Elsewhere~

A man was seen talking to 4 people who seemed new to that village.

"Look. I have given you everything whatever you asked for. Now, it is your turn to convince that old lady. Be it fake or genuine, it should be convincing enough. Any missteps or changes? Your privileges will be taken away." The man said.

All the 3 nodded and went towards their new house.

The said old lady got the news of those 4 people escaping the prison and were on the run. She was worried. Suddenly, a woman appeared out of nowhere and informed her that those 3 convicts are supposedly coming to their house and asks her to 'go along' with their plan and also that she has a foolproof plan that would trap them and get them arrested.

The old lady smiled and talked in hushed tones with the woman about the plan and was satisfied with it. She even had another backup plan that could trap them too. 

They both retired for the night and waited for the games to start.

*

*

*

Sundaram, Devoleena, Sampoorna and Sumati reached the Das Bari and decided to act on their plan. Rhimjim and Shaumik are enraged to see the 4 of them and go inside to inform Kalindi Das. Within 5 min, all the members of Das Family are out, facing Sundaram, Sumati, Devoleena and Sampoorna. 

Sumati and Devoleena fake tears and act according to the plan. Kalindi Das plays along with them despite knowing the fact and smiles internally. She gives them access to a house outside of Das Bari and asks them to stay there. 

Although the 4 of them are shocked that the new house wasn't next to the Das Bari, they accepted the offer reluctantly and left. Kalindi Das smiled and went in. Chandrachur and Praveen were confused. 

Sumati, Devoleena and Sundaram were internally fuming. How will they act according to the plan? But, Sampoorna thinks that it would be better to stay away from Kalindi Das as she's a dangerous woman. She dreams about Bondita's life getting ruined in a couple of days from now.

The man who talked and explained about the plan knocks on their door just as they're about to sleep. He talks about the plan and reassures them.

"Don't worry, if you stay away from that old lady, she wouldn't suspect a thing or two. You can continue on whatever you've planned. She should be punished. Oh, and that friend of hers. . ."

Tapur, who had come there to give some stuff to these 4, overheard the conversation. She hid, curious to see the man who was talking to them. As he turned to leave, she gasped after taking a good look at his face.

"Jamai Babu?!" Tapur whispered and ran for cover.