07 ~ Chandrachur's Sinister Plan

Thaku Maa was passing through the outdoor corridor after tending to Bondita and overheard Praveen's idea.

Waiting for her son-in-law's reaction to it, she was shocked that he agreed to it as an idea but was thinking of other ways to harm her granddaughter and her best friend.

She had to act quick.

***

~The Next Day~

Everyone had assembled for the morning Puja which is followed by breakfast.

Thaku Maa discreetly kept an eye on Chandra Chur and his confidante, Praveen. Her plan had already been set in motion; she was waiting for the people to arrive.

As the Puja progressed, Praveen made Mini feel uncomfortable. Thaku Maa was angry. She quickly left to her room without anyone noticing and called some people to arrive quickly.

As they sat for the breakfast, Chandra Chur's parents arrived there. He was shocked to see them there.

"Oh, welcome, welcome, Mr. and Mrs. Banerjee. What brings you here?"

"Actually, we are leaving for the annual village festival in Kalighat and also, one of Chandra's cousin is getting married. So, we decided to take Chandra and Tupur with us too. We know it is in such short notice, but we would be delighted if you allow them to accompany us."

Contemplating the situation, Thaku Maa smiled and replied, "Oh, that's really great. You can take them. For how long the festival is?"

"Since Kalighat is our hometown, this festival is a get together for all the families living there to interact and socialise with each other. Also, you know about the duration of a marriage, right? So the duration is around 2-3 weeks." Chandrachur's father replied.

[NOTE: I WANTED TO CHANGE THIS CHAPTER ALONE AS I MADE A SMALL MISTAKE. YOU'LL KNOW AS THE STORY PROGRESSES.]

"Sure then. Jamai Babu and Tupur will accompany you once they finish their breakfast. Please wait for a while."

Chandrachur was fuming inside. His plan was fully spoiled by both Thaku Maa and his own parents! Praveen would definitely get caught, so he decided to take him to the festival.

~ TIME SKIP ~

All of them completed the breakfast and Tupur was currently packing her clothes for the trip. She was ecstatic and happy. Tapur was helping her, and seeing her sister genuinely smile, Tapur felt at ease. Once both Chandrachur and Tupur had packed, they were ready to leave. Praveen also went with them on the insistence of his Malik, Chandrachur.

Thaku Maa internally rejoiced as her plan was successful. But what she didn't know was that a huge storm is awaiting them and would turn everything upside down. Saudamini and Bondita were there to send them off. Chandrachur sent them a dirty grin that left Bondita enraged, and Saudamini unsettled.

Bondita in response gave him a glare that sent shivers down his spine; even Praveen was affected by it.

All of them were sitting in the living room and Thaku Maa was tending to Bondita's injury. The new worker, an old lady who helped with the formulations of herbal drugs, asked Thaku Maa about Bondita's birth.

Thaku Maa replied, "She was born on the 14th day, Krishna paksh of the Phalguni month." [add the dramatic voice effects]

The old lady's eyes widened, and she smiled as she continued her job.

Thaku Maa continued, "We were advised to pray to Mahadev for a change, and we did. Sumati was blessed with a baby girl on the auspicious day of Mahashivratri. We had initially decided to name her as Shivanya, but a Yogi who visited us suggested that she be named as Bondita, as she was adored by everyone around us. There is this thing that scares me. The Yogi who visited us, told that she would face a life-changing event as she turns 20 years old. She'll turn 20 during the Mahashivratri-"

"That is 6 months later;" the old lady continued, "the Yogi wasn't wrong. Don't worry, the life-changing event is beneficial for her and also her future. There will be obstacles, but Bondita will cross all of these obstacles with minor difficulties." The old lady now took the herbs for drug preparation.

Thaku Maa was stunned. She turned to Bondita but she was fast asleep so was Saudamini. Batuk had a confused expression on his face. He then stood up and went to the telephone to keep his brother updated.

Anirudh was happy that Chandrachur had left Das Bari and also that Bondita was alright and is able to walk.

~ Elsewhere ~

Three men were talking and hatching a sinister plan.

"I don't know how you will do it, but I want those two's mouths to be shut. They should be scarred so bad that their attitude would change completely."

"Your wife's Thaku Maa is stupid, Chandra. What to do? Women are like that. They consider themselves superior to us, which is wrong."

One of them spoke, "Her birthday is celebrated in a grand manner. I think that birthday is the day to execute the plan. We should make it as memorable as possible."

"Deal done." The three men spoke simultaneously and laughed.