12 ~ The Sinister Plan

Author's Note:

The last part of this chapter would contain certain terms that can trigger some of you guys. Please go ahead with caution.

***

As Trilochan was muttering and murmuring to himself, Saudamini called for him.

"Kaka?" She called.

"AAAHHHH! CHOR! CHO-" Trilochan started to yell but stopped midway on seeing Saudamini.

"Why are you here, beta? What happened?"

"I have the solution to your problem, Kaka."

"What? What problem?"

"Arey, Anirudh is yet to get married and you're worried! I have a friend who will fit into your category of 'Sarvagun Sampann Bahu'."

"Accha? Uska naam batao?"

"Bondita! Aur kon?"

"Bondita? That girl who is preparing for Barristry?"

"Yes! She's my best friend Kaka! Ever since I met her, I knew that she would be the perfect wife for Anirudh. Career and badlaav (revolution) motivated girl she is."

"Achha. But how will you convince her for marriage? What if she doesn't agree?"

"I don't think so she would. She relies on Kalindi Das--aka her Thaku Maa's opinion. But I have an idea to change it."

"How? You'll talk with her family for a possible alliance. I'll convince them both for a courtship."

"Wait. What is this coratship?"

"Arey Kaka, it's courtship. Like, a man and a woman would spend time together to find out if they're compatible as partners." [Courtship is the old term for dating]

"Accha Tikh hai. I'll talk to Anirudh-" 

"No Kaka. I'll talk to him. Don't worry."

*

*

*

Kalindi was worried as to something bad would happen to her child. She was praying to Mahadev for a good groom for Bondita.

As she finished her prayers, Saudamini arrived there.

"Thaku Maa?" She called out to her.

"Yes, come in Mini. What happened bachha?"

"Nothing Thaku Maa, I wanted to talk to you. And you look worried. What happened?" 

"I am worried, dear. The first proposal? The man didn't have good intentions for Bondita. I'm more worried that families wouldn't accept her and Tapur because of them being educated."

"Thaku Maa, I know a family who would accept Bondita and Tapur. They are also progressively-minded like you."

"Who are they?"

"The Roy Chaudhary Family from Tulsipur."

"You mean, Zamindaar Trilochan Roy Choudhary's family?"

"The one and only. His eldest nephew, Anirudh, is just 2 years elder to Bondita. Also, Somnath, the younger nephew is currently in London and is studying Medicine."

"Anirudh is here in Tulsipur? When will the younger one be back?"

"Yes. Anirudh came back from London 6 months ago. Som would be back in another 3 years."