chapter two.

chapter two. Archie's Blunder.

third person POV

-- --

The next morning, Astrid was on her way into the hockey facility when quite literally ran into Mac. "Sorry," Mac quickly apologized as soon as the pair collided with one another. "I, uh... um."

"You okay there, drama queen?" Astrid taunted the teen as he glanced down at his shoes.

"Uh, yeah, um..." Mac coughed, pulling himself together and glancing back up at the ash blonde, "I'm on my way to watch Kayla's audition with a new boy crash and burn."

"She's already having auditions?" Astrid questioned, confused on why Kayla was looking for a new partner when she remembered how upset the brunette Canadian was over the loss of her best friend and partner Jacob.

"Yeah, I think my mom set it up for her actually," Mac confessed, nodding his head.

"Oh no," Astrid muttered in fear, not seeing the audition going well since Kayla had no idea who the boy was and if he was even on her skill level.

"Do you... maybe, um, wanna come with and watch it with me?" Mac questioned in a hopeful tone as he partially smiled at the ash blonde while nervously picking away at his fingertips.

"Well you see... I was planning on meet up with Sky to work on a few social media ideas." Mac's face slightly fell as soon as he heard the words escape her small framed mouth. "But.."

"But?" Mac questioned in a hopeful tone, boosting his confidence as he slightly bounced back and froth on the balls of his feet.

"I guess I can wait a few minutes before going up there," Astrid sighed, smiling warmly at the newest recruit.

"Really?" Mac gasped out in shock before pulling himself together, letting out a small cough. "I, um, mean... that's cool I guess."

"Mhm," Astrid smirked, knowing that he was over the moon excited for their brief hang out. "But you have to promise to go easy on Kayla after this whole thing... I really hope it goes well but I don't know... and if it doesn't, she doesn't need her annoying twin brother making fun of her and reminding her how bad it was."

"Wha-."

"Promise me," Astrid muttered, pointing a stern finger at the young teen.

"Fine," Mac sighed, lowering his head for a brief second. "I promise..."

"Good," Astrid smiled to herself before gesturing for Mac to lead the way towards his parents seats. Mac began their walk, letting the girl walk next to his side as he lead them through the arena. "Also, let me know a time later this week when you're free to shoot your introduction video for the social media pages."

"Y-yeah, I'll let you know," Mac nodded his head softly, trying not to give away how elated he would be to hang out with the ash blonde again.

"I also need a brief video, almost GIF like, of you in your uniform for the jumbotron... for when you score or do something important."

"We sure the jumbotron won't break with the amount of times that video will appear on the big screen?" Mac joked, letting his ego get the best of him once again.

"Ego check much," Astrid chuckled, bumping her shoulders with his as they walked towards the stadium seats, "maybe no video for you... I don't think your ego can get any bigger or you might just explode."

"Ha ha ha," Mac sarcastically chuckled as he took the lead, guiding the pair over towards his parents. "This is gonna be a disaster," Mac teased causing Astrid to punch him in the shoulder as his parents turned to greet his son and his new friend. "Ow!"