chapter ten.

chapter ten. Green Slime War.

third person POV

-- --

"Can you believe, we're in my old room," Astrid joked as her and Sky sat in her hospital room- Sky recovering from her head injury while Astrid was sitting with her best friend, receiving one of the last few chemotherapy sessions.

Before Sky could reply back with her normal sarcastic wit, their door was pushed open; startling the pair of teens. "Ast? Sky?" the Canadian male teen called out as he was wheeled into their room by his parents.

"Mac!?" Astrid exclaimed, sitting up in her chair with confused expression written across her face. "What happened to your head?"

"Yeah, I kinda took my helmet off on the ice," Mac sighed, shaking his head softly while he was placed next to the two teen girls.

"Ouch," Sky winced at his cut.

"Oy, please, you just wanted to one up Sky," Astrid teased the boy as she kicked her foot out to nudge his leg in a joking manner.

"We could have matching lumps, right?" Mac questioned as he glanced over at Sky.

"Maybe," Sky laughed before checking his head, "nah, it's just your massive ego."

"Yeah."

Soon enough, Astrid's treatment was done but she decided to stay in the room with the pair, not wanting to leave Sky's side along with Mac's. Mac sat in the corner bed that was empty while Astrid and Sky were seated on the other bed- laying next to one another. It was around dinner time and the nursing staff had brought the three of them food; including Astrid as they knew the girl needed to eat something after her treatment.

"If you squint really hard, it could be lasagna," Sky informed the group as she held the food up on her fork. "Kind of have to squint with your mouth."

"I'm sorry," Mac sighed, setting his fork down on his plate.

"It's alright, you didn't make it."

"No, it's my fault you're in here."

"I knew I felt a push on my back," Sky teased the boy, not following where he was coming from. "You're just jealous of my double axel."

"I made Jacob leave."

"Huh?" Astrid questioned confused while Sky shook her head lightly.

"I found out about the skate and I got angry," Mac confessed softly, "and he ran. You know, I'm sorry. I can... I can go find another ward." Mac got off of the bed and headed towards the door, shaking his head in shame.

"Did you physically push Jacob into the taxi?" Sky questioned the boy in the red hoodie. "Did you force him not to talk to Kayla?"

"Well no."

"Jacob's a coward," Sky admitted to the Canadian teen. "You gave him a tiny push and he ran."

"Yeah but you got hurt."

"Which is the best thing that could have happened," Sky replied causing Astrid to furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

"Is it?" Astrid questioned from the edge of Sky's bed.

"Okay, not exactly the reaction I was expecting."

"Everyone's so scared for me... of me," Sky started off as Mac walked towards the bed, gently tapping Astrid's leg to silently ask her to move over so he could join them. "Sven knows that same feeling all too well." Astrid nodded her head in agreement as she made some space for Mac to sit down. "This will show 'em I can take a few knocks. If they ever let me out of here. I thought Kayla would come, guess I scared her off too."