chapter fifteen.

chapter fifteen.

third person POV

-- --

It was three in the morning when Mac decided to get a glass of water in hopes that would help him fall asleep better- when in reality he knew nothing would work since his mind was racing with thoughts about the move to why Astrid broke up with him all of a sudden. He couldn't get over their break up even though he was going to be out of the country by the next night. Entering the kitchen, heading straight for the sink, he was startled by Kayla speaking up from the dinning room table, "leaky tap keeping you up too?"

"Something like that," Mac sighed setting his cup down on the kitchen island. "You okay?" Kayla asked in genuine concern- never seeing her brother so mopey before.

"Ast... um... we, uh..."

"You what?" Kayla questioned in shock, feeling like she knew where he was going with it but didn't want to believe it was true. "Hey," Luke greeted his children as him and his wife, Jenny, entered the kitchen, "it's three a.m. What are you two doing up?"

"We could be asking you the same question," Kayla replied as Mac sat down at the head of the table with his mug in hand.

"Well, since we're all here..." Jenny started off as Luke took the next available seat at the table. "Yeah, your mom and I have been talking and we've come to some conclusions," Luke continued the conversation as Jenny sat down next to her husband, "Mac's dreams are super important."

"But your dreams re just as important too," Jenny revealed causing Kayla's frown to suddenly stop forming. "And we gotta square that circle," Luke informed the teens.

"So, here's how we're gonna figure this out," Jenny cleared her throat as she explained the plan, "we're gonna ask you what you want and we want you both to answer honestly. Not what you think you should say, but what you really want. And you don't have to answer now..."

"I wanna stay," Kayla breathed out as Mac muttered lowly, "I wanna go." Kayla realizing how much of a life she had created at the ice rink while Mac wanted nothing more to pursue his hockey career. If Astrid hadn't broken up with him, he would have changed his answer but since he was single and alone, he knew making this choice was the right one- one that wouldn't impact anyone else than his family.

"Well that was easy," Jenny weakly smiled as her two children glanced at one another with shocked expressions. "I guess that's what we're doing then."

"Mhm," Luke hummed in agreement. "What do you mean?" Mac questioned, unsure what his parents meant by their comments. "I"m gonna move to Prague with Mac and your mom's gonna stay here with Kayla."

"But we always said that home is whoever we're together," Kayla countered, confused on their new family dynamic.

"I know, I know," Luke agreed, "but, you can't always do what's best. Sometimes you gotta do what's right."

"Right, you two, off to bed," Jenny weakly smiled once more at her two children before Kayla's phone chimed causing their attention to be pulled towards her cellular device.

"Um, it's Astrid," Kayla breathed out in confusion as she read over the text. Mac let out a small sigh causing his two parents to look at him with a confused text. "Did... did you two break up?"

"Kay, not now," Mac groaned, standing up from his seat.

"Wait, what?" Luke questioned confused on when this happened since he saw them talking earlier before practice. "When did this happened?" Jenny added on, just as lost as her husband and daughter was.

"After I told her..."

"You what?" Mac snapped his head towards Kayla, hoping she didn't tell Astrid before he could that he was leaving.

When Worlds CollideOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara